Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
May 15, 2008
Gonzales, Texas
Texan boots see lots of well you know wearing them in Texas View attachment 156960
Those look like Mexican pointy boots
9801476e41a16b0b95ab03c344a53b8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mar 5, 2018
College Station
Being a "True Texan" has nothing to do with boots or clothing. It's about attitude.

Not everyone born here is a "True Texan," nor do you have to be born here to be a "True Texan."
Not everyone born here is a "True Texan, agreed
nor do you have to be born here to be a "True Texan."
disagree

So if you are not born here, how can you be a true Texan? If you were born in Ireland can you claim to be mexican? (excuse the unline).
[/QUOTE]

Is Native Texan a term y’all may be looking for?

I wouldn’t say something like being a “True Texan” as I wasn’t born here. Do I hold Texas values, I’d like to think so. I did make sure all my kids were born here to be Native Texans. And somehow my wife’s family let her marry a non-Native Texan.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 21, 2013
Houston & Hot Springs
disagree

So if you are not born here, how can you be a true Texan? If you were born in Ireland can you claim to be mexican? (excuse the unline).

Is Native Texan a term y’all may be looking for?[/QUOTE]

Nope, that was the other half of the equation.
Lots of urban liberals born in Texas who don't have a clue about "true" Texas values. ;)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Aug 27, 2009
Helotes!
disagree

Is Native Texan a term y’all may be looking for?

I wouldn’t say something like being a “True Texan” as I wasn’t born here. Do I hold Texas values, I’d like to think so. I did make sure all my kids were born here to be Native Texans. And somehow my wife’s family let her marry a non-Native Texan.

No, it's the complete opposite. A "Native Texan" is someone who was born in Texas, a "True Texan" is someone who subscribes to the ethos that comes with being a Texan, whether they were born here or no!

Big Green

In Christ Alone
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mar 5, 2018
College Station
View attachment 157011 you just need the sticker.
So I was told by several Native, True Texans that I was accepted. But, it’s still a title/honor I feel is difficult to fully accept. It’s like being part of a club/team that is #1 and you only joined the team right before winning the championship. I’ll take the win but don’t always feel fully justified in saying my being a part contributed.

I’ve been given grief about proudly wearing a Texas flag on my flight suit. Mostly from folks who didn’t like being stationed in Texas or those that would say, “You’re not even from Texas.”

I will say I feel proud when I can recite Texas history that some native Texans didn’t know.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
So I was told by several Native, True Texans that I was accepted. But, it’s still a title/honor I feel is difficult to fully accept. It’s like being part of a club/team that is #1 and you only joined the team right before winning the championship. I’ll take the win but don’t always feel fully justified in saying my being a part contributed.

I’ve been given grief about proudly wearing a Texas flag on my flight suit. Mostly from folks who didn’t like being stationed in Texas or those that would say, “You’re not even from Texas.”

I will say I feel proud when I can recite Texas history that some native Texans didn’t know.
If you live in Texas, you're from Texas.

Every Day Man
Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gearhead_Gunsmith
Top Bottom