DK Firearms

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Nobody is in control of where they are born and little or no control of where they grew up. A child that grows up with parents living in Texas that have a belief that Texas should be more like California or New York, IMO, would be worse then someone that just moved from California or New York to Texas because they felt it was hopeless that California or New York could ever be like Texas.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True Texan= waving at oncoming vehicle. Saying ma'am and sir. holding a door open. helping change a flat on the side of the road. Taking a to-go box and finding a homeless dog and giving it a good meal. having a relaxing conversation with a stranger. knowing if you step on soft ground.. your likely standing in a fire ant bed.

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    Not really. I have met many people that were born here but don't act like it. I've also met a number of "transplants" that exemplify Texas values and culture.
    I did say “it helps”.
    Being born and/or raised in Texas at least exposes one to the culture and lifestyle. If any of that fails to imprint on a ‘native’, that then is a problem with that person’s wiring. You can lead a horse to water...
    And it is certainly possible for one who has never been to Texas to be attuned to what it means to be Texan in their soul.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    If you're at least 63 and know what this is, you're more than likely from Texas ... especially if you attended a certain state sponsored college:

IMG_2351.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2351.jpeg
      IMG_2351.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 403

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If you're at least 63 and know what this is, you're more than likely from Texas ... especially if you attended a certain state sponsored college:

View attachment 159856

Hell, I’m nowhere near 63, but I know what that is. When they shot the movie, we had a 1950 Mercury that was leased for use in the movie. One of the stunt drivers liked it so much he bought it from us.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I went there in 1966. While in the parlor (waiting room), a nice looking young woman wearing a nightie came in & asked us for money for the jukebox. When I learned that the juke required $1 per song, I thought to myself "man I am getting screwed".

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    An elderly black lady checked your ID at the screen door at the top of those steps, had to be 18 for her to open the door.

"Slime in the ice machine!" Zindler closed it down in 1973, so you'd be around 63+ to have BTDT.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I watch this channel a bit and this is one of their newer videos. Most are southern (Carolinas) comedy. This one fits in here.

That girl from Texas needs to quit telling people that.

I laughed when that other gal saw "Nacogdoches" and said "For some reason that makes me want a corn dog".

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom