• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Out of curiosity...why is it that the alleged "victim" is referred to as Trayvon instead of Martin in all the media reports and discussions, yet the charged person is referred to in a less personal matter, using Zimmerman...his last name, instead of humanizing him by referring to him as George.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Out of curiosity...why is it that the alleged "victim" is referred to as Trayvon instead of Martin in all the media reports and discussions, yet the charged person is referred to in a less personal matter, using Zimmerman...his last name, instead of humanizing him by referring to him as George.

Duh, they dont want to upset TM's feelings:ohnoes:

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston

Look again. You answered your own question (but, you knew that already).
    Media is still biased.
    They're humanizing Mr. Martin while vilifying Mr. Zimmerman.
    They've learned nothing.

...and the public at large is still eating it up!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Because they have already picked sides.

Same reason they use a photo of when he was 12, but a photo of GZ in a jumpsuit.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Someone earlier mentioned that they'd like to know what evidence the "Special Prosecutor" had that the police did not have.

I tend to support this view.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Could someone explain to me why the DA didn't use a grand jury? Thanks. I'm asking because of my ignorance of the justice system. Is this common in murder casees?

I believe it has to do where the charges are filed, she filed state charges. Not at the county level. (I've wondered the same question, heard this as an explanation, but haven't gone out to verify this from multiple sources)

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I believe it has to do where the charges are filed, she filed state charges. Not at the county level. (I've wondered the same question, heard this as an explanation, but haven't gone out to verify this from multiple sources)

No, in FL she had choice, it is not like Texas.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    In all seriousness, the Wall Street Journal for news via paper and Al Jazeera in English for news via TV.

Not so much Al Jaz...

Agreed, they still have some bias, but in comparison they make CNN and CBS look like Pravda circa 1980, ABC and NBC middle left, and Fox News slightly biased. Al Jazeera is more fair when they cover U.S. stories as opposed to international stories.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Anyone notice the pictures of Geo Zimmerman in custody? He is supposed to weight 240lbs according to the reports that he was 100lbs heavier then Martin. He looks like he might go 170.

Kimber_me_timbers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Dallas
    Out of order:

Damnit Sage! There is a difference between political and symantics.

I will put forth my $.02!

No, the men and women who comprise the vast majority of the american military forces will not side against the american people, they have taken an oath to defend the CONSTITUTION which was written to protect "WE THE PEOPLE

Racism is dead generally speaking.

Though I agree with the idea of Texas's sucession, I also look to the annuals of history and see the balkans, which in most respects, is something we want to avoid at all costs.

Edited to specify "american military forces"

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    There were guys standing on street corners here in East Houston today collecting money for "Trayvon's Family". I had to have a sherriff deputy who was next to me at the light make the guy leave from beside my truck demanding that i give him money "to make up for what my people did to Trayvon".

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    There were guys standing on street corners here in East Houston today collecting money for "Trayvon's Family". I had to have a sherriff deputy who was next to me at the light make the guy leave from beside my truck demanding that i give him money "to make up for what my people did to Trayvon".

I would have spit in his cup, nobody is going to demand I give them anything. They were probably pocketing the money anyway.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Sounds to me like you were assaulted. ;-)

I'd a rolled the window up enough so he keeps only the hand

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    So Zimmerman is now crucified and made an example of what could happen if you defend yourself with a firearm. For a huge Antigun propaganda this episode and Zimmerman was a perfect scapegoat.

Top Bottom