• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    This thing is getting more press than Corona virus.
    It's true. You would think that the moon is going to collide with the sun the way they are hyping this.
    It's happened MANY times before. it's going to get dark. Then it's going to get light. I just don't see the big deal about it.
    It's rare, I get it. Like finding a Democrat with common sense.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    It's true. You would think that the moon is going to collide with the sun the way they are hyping this.
    It's happened MANY times before. it's going to get dark. Then it's going to get light. I just don't see the big deal about it.

There’s no such thing…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I'll stay in the house, toast a glass of a favorite red wine and tell the eclipse I'll see you again in 300 years. To be out and about driving is nuts. Think of all the "moranes" driving while looking up, taking pics, swerving, texting, leaving their funky glasses on while driving in the dark with no headlights on. Is bad enough each day. With this the nuts will show their true colors while driving...I'll stay home and watch Gunsmoke.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'll stay in the house, toast a glass of a favorite red wine and tell the eclipse I'll see you again in 300 years. To be out and about driving is nuts. Think of all the "moranes" driving while looking up, taking pics, swerving, texting, leaving their funky glasses on while driving in the dark with no headlights on. Is bad enough each day. With this the nuts will show their true colors while driving...I'll stay home and watch Gunsmoke.

I'm sure as hell staying home. But I'll be standing in the back yard watching the eclipse. I've waited all my life to see a total eclipse, and now one is going to happen right above my house.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    My son lives in Kaufman County out in country part. I got him a nice telescope a few years ago he can have outside and look at it from TV inside. Not sure how that will work, glasses and all. He will figure it out.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My son lives in Kaufman County out in country part. I got him a nice telescope a few years ago he can have outside and look at it from TV inside. Not sure how that will work, glasses and all. He will figure it out.
    If he points it at the sun without the proper filter over the objective lens he’s going to ruin anything behind the lens. And a good chance the lens as well.

Just look at what a magnifying glass can do to ants, and multiple it by about 100.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Speaking of Democrats and common sense, or complete lack of. I recall an eclipse in the past and reading about dumb asses that ended up in the emergency room. Not from looking at the sun, but from spraying sunscreen in thier eyes.
    No doubt dumb dems.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    If he points it at the sun without the proper filter over the objective lens he’s going to ruin anything behind the lens. And a good chance the lens as well.

Just look at what a magnifying glass can do to ants, and multiple it by about 100.
    Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    CERN will start up April 8 to open a portal during the eclipse.

As the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) prepares to unleash the power of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) on April 8, be ready for a historic moment.

At the underground LHC, close to the French-Swiss border, scientists will be able to tackle the enigmatic dark matter phenomenon. Dark matter makes up an astounding 28% of the universe but is difficult to detect directly.

As part of preliminary testing, billions of protons are already flowing through the LHC’s complex web of superconducting magnets. This enormous project, which spans a 17-mile tunnel, aims to reconstruct the universe’s initial circumstances a few seconds after the Big Bang.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

As the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) prepares to unleash the power of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) on April 8, be ready for a historic moment.

At the underground LHC, close to the French-Swiss border, scientists will be able to tackle the enigmatic dark matter phenomenon. Dark matter makes up an astounding 28% of the universe but is difficult to detect directly.

As part of preliminary testing, billions of protons are already flowing through the LHC’s complex web of superconducting magnets. This enormous project, which spans a 17-mile tunnel, aims to reconstruct the universe’s initial circumstances a few seconds after the Big Bang.

The eclipse...that won't even be an eclipse in Switzerland? FFS. Total eclipses happen a couple of times a year somewhere on Earth. And what exactly is the LHC supposed to have to do with what is essentially a shadow falling on parts of North America? Experiments on subatomic particles aren't affected by how much sunlight is visible outside.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    The eclipse...that won't even be an eclipse in Switzerland? FFS. Total eclipses happen a couple of times a year somewhere on Earth. And what exactly is the LHC supposed to have to do with what is essentially a shadow falling on parts of North America? Experiments on subatomic particles aren't affected by how much sunlight is visible outside.
    Hide under your bed. It's coming.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Wife and I will be watching from our back yard with the eclipse glasses I got free from our library.

Might not see anything but clouds, but we will be looking.

If nothing else, it'll suddenly get dark. I'm hoping we'll be able to see more - I want to see the corona. I've seen photos of past eclipses that fascinate me.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

That’s article reads as if it’s very outdated. The LHC has been doing experiments for years but the article says they will be testing the collider. It also mentions “dread” towards the end, as in the claims a few fringe types had that it could cause some crazy world ending event when it opened.

Then I saw it was posted on April 1. But it really wouldn’t be that good of an April fools article. So idk. But it’s a very strange article. Maybe AI, idk.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Totally prepared!

Welding helmets ✓
    Lawn chairs ✓
    Single malt ✓
    Margaritas for the girls ✓