DK Firearms

Thoughts on the Liberty Lincoln 35 Gun Safe?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Midget

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Thoughts on the Liberty Lincoln 50 Gun Safe? ~updated~

In the market for a new safe and I have my eyes on the Liberty Lincoln 35 and just wanted some input before investing in something that I have to be happy with for years to come...
    Currently working off a Sentinel safe with walls that feels like it should be a computer case. Upgrade at this point is a no brainer.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Whatever size you plan on getting, gunsafe wise, double it. Trust me. It'll save you money to spend more upfront. Half of it goes to your significant other, anyway.

Midget

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Good point, bumping up to the Lincoln 50 safe. Should have thought of this, especially when my lady is just as big of a gun-nut as I am.

pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    The Liberty safes are about as solid as you can get. Personally, I think they charge a premium for added stuff that isn't necessary (interior lights, door-mounted pockets, electric dehumidifiers, etc.). I skipped that stuff and bought a Champion safe. My safe guy told me that the Champion safes are manufactured exactly like the Liberty safes because Champion's owner used to own Liberty. So you should be able to get a comparable-quality model to the Liberty, without the extras, for less money. Of course, if you want all the extras, go for the Liberty.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    I've got a Liberty Lincoln 35... about 3 years old now. No regrets. Absolutely love the build quality, interior lighting, door organizer, etc. Having owned safes with and without these features, I will never go back to a bare bones safe.

Only you can decide how important this stuff is to you.

-Randy

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've got a Liberty safe that I purchased last month. Did a lot of comparisons, and for the quality and price, I couldn't find anything better.
    Make sure to bolt it down!

Peking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    With the Liberty safes are they "air tight", what are you guys using (if anything) for keeping it dry when closed? I read something somewhere and wasn't sure how much stock should be placed in it.

As well I too have been looking into Liberty safes but was thinking I could go with the 35 and be more than fine... But then again I have purchased 3 rifles in the past 6 months and I keep eyeing others lol.

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    I bought a Liberty Lincoln 35 about 7 years ago. My only complaint is it is now too small. Having trouble cramming new weapons in there.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    With the Liberty safes are they "air tight", what are you guys using (if anything) for keeping it dry when closed? I read something somewhere and wasn't sure how much stock should be placed in it.

I don't think they are air tight, and I've got a dehumidifier rod in mine. I'm not sure that is necessary since mine is inside my air conditioned house, which keeps the humidity way down. Mine also came with an "Eva-Dry" that I would use if I had the safe in the garage or some other uncontrolled area.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Whatever size you plan on getting, gunsafe wise, double it. Trust me. It'll save you money to spend more upfront. Half of it goes to your significant other, anyway.

The other school of thought is to buy several smaller safes as they are WAY easier to move. The one I own is about 500 lbs and I'll definitely add on smaller safes unless there is some compelling financial reason to go bigger.

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    The other school of thought is to buy several smaller safes as they are WAY easier to move. The one I own is about 500 lbs and I'll definitely add on smaller safes unless there is some compelling financial reason to go bigger.

My Liberty 35 weighs 875 lbs empty. Since it is full to overflowing with weaponry, I figure it would take a large group of strong and dedicated men to remove it from my house.

Peking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I don't think they are air tight, and I've got a dehumidifier rod in mine. I'm not sure that is necessary since mine is inside my air conditioned house, which keeps the humidity way down. Mine also came with an "Eva-Dry" that I would use if I had the safe in the garage or some other uncontrolled area.

Gotcha

JohnnyBoyy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    If you have the room, I would also recommend the 50. The 35 does fill up very quickly.

However, I would also have a smaller safe or two.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I have a Liberty as well. One I got is rated for over 60 guns. I have room to grow. Door pockets for handguns would be full were it not for that unfortunate boating accident. And yes, BOLT IT DOWN! Not just to stop someone from removing it with hand trucks. But go on Youtube and look up videos where each safe manufacturer tries to show how easy it is to break in to one of their competitors safes. FIRST thing they do is lay it down on its back to gain leverage. Bolting it down is step one in keeping it from being broken in to. Where mine is located, it would be real difficult to get a long bar in and get leverage, due to obstructions where it's mounted. So bolt it down with all four bolts. More if you can.

CitizenSeven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Dallas
    I got a Lincoln 50 about 5 months ago. Very solid safe, and their customer service is top-notch. Here's exactly why I make that claim: We got the safe installed in early June. Due to vagaries of schedule, we couldn't set it up properly (i.e. organize, load guns, etc) for a month. It was at that time that we noticed that the hanging jewelery drawer was coming apart on one corner. It's not great particle board construction, so I intended to put a proper molly into it in place of the simple screw when I got around to it. In the interim, we just placed it on one of the shelves. We were then out of town for a week, so it wasn't until the end of July that I filled out the registration and accompanying surveys. On that I mentioned the jewelery drawer along with a few other quibbles (lining up of shelf holders, etc), but certainly did not expect nor ask that they do anything about it: it was well-past delivery, as well as their 3 week (I believe) "complaint period" for lack of a better term. Just in response to the survey (not a complaint), they shipped out another jewelery drawer and didn't even ask for the old one back. I was pleasantly surprised, and they got themselves a customer for life.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom