• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Or, not even lift the throttle at all while up shifting.
    You definitely want to lift / take the load off the driveline...easier on the box...at $15k+ each...you want to be easy on the equipment...but hey, if you're not paying the bills, knock yourself out LOL!! I speak as a car owner. We have data for everything...miss a shift? Money shift? Yep, we'll hear it on video...and we'll see it on data!!

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Yeah those single automated clutches are horrid in everything they were put in.

I haven't driven a gearbox like that yet, unless a motorcycle counts. Is there a pause where it comes out of gear for a downshift and you blip before it goes in? Trying to wrap my head around how the downshift would work without the clutch.
    So, it's beyond cool / fun to drive! It takes a few laps but you get it pretty quick. The downshift motion (it's an H-pattern 4 speed) and blip are all at the same time. Here's a video where you can hear it, we are both being a little gingerly due to the rain, that's what I held my line and didn't take his...didn't want to initiate contact due to an issue with either of us...but you can hear the downshifts / blips in quick / rapid succession...and the upshifts too. I have to "program" myself to go back to "street driving" when in my Z06 or instructing in a manual LOL!!

Forgot the video…

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    There's T-56 / TR6060 faceplated conversions out there. In a nutshell, remove the synchro rings, machine off the factory engagement teeth and weld dog rings with big chunky blocks in their place. Then upgrade the sliders to handle the stress, and away you go.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So, it's beyond cool / fun to drive! It takes a few laps but you get it pretty quick. The downshift motion (it's an H-pattern 4 speed) and blip are all at the same time. Here's a video where you can hear it, we are both being a little gingerly due to the rain, that's what I held my line and didn't take his...didn't want to initiate contact due to an issue with either of us...but you can hear the downshifts / blips in quick / rapid succession...and the upshifts too. I have to "program" myself to go back to "street driving" when in my Z06 or instructing in a manual LOL!!

Forgot the video…

Does it have a passenger seat?

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Does it have a passenger seat?

It does not - I've seen some older ones that have two seats - it's pretty miserable for the passenger though as the exhaust runs right under their seat / side...you also lose some of the safety too (not as many bars in the cage)...plus you're in full race gear as well...and that's also where the driver cooling system goes...so now it's REALLY nice and toasty LOL!! If you've ever been in a NASCAR you'll know what I mean...I did look at buying a two-seater of the precursor to the current TA2 car (ASA/GTA car - I had one of those that I campaigned as well)...it would've been FUN to give ridealongs, hosing out the vomit and other stuff, not so much LOL!!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I am never comfortable not being the one in control of the car, when it is being "pushed".
    On public roads, yeah I get that. On track with a helmet, neck brace, and a fully caged car? Nah go wild. I'd enjoy a barrel roll in the gravel as long as I didn't have to pay for it :laughing:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'd enjoy a barrel roll in the gravel as long as I didn't have to pay for it
    My back curses you.

I don't know if it's out of envy or abhorrence but if my spine could talk, it'd be chewing you out about now.

Of course, 40 years ago, I would have been asking "When can I get a turn?" :)

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I am never comfortable not being the one in control of the car, when it is being "pushed".

Can't ride behind someone on a motorcycle, either.

You can trust me...I'm a pro...LOL...well, actually I do have several pro licenses....I instruct as well....lemme tell ya, that can be terrifying, sometimes...LOL...it's in a controlled environment though, a racetrack. I have "driven from the right seat" on occasion...there are instances when the student just overwhelms themself (meaning, they get in over their head - we do our best to keep them in check / reign them in - but sometimes the "stupid" takes over - we can sense / feel what's going on - we know every corner / turn, etc...and how things should feel and the speed at each part of the track).

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    On public roads, yeah I get that. On track with a helmet, neck brace, and a fully caged car? Nah go wild. I'd enjoy a barrel roll in the gravel as long as I didn't have to pay for it :laughing:

I used to roll my Jeep for fun (off-road of course)...it was a really good way to see if the new girlfriend would last LOL!! It was built to roll and I was pretty good at it...and with a name like PUCKER you kind of expected it....

PuckerHotTub.jpg

Top Bottom