• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    People getting honked at can turn violent pretty fast. I've known otherwise friendly folks who lost it once behind the wheel. Not necessarily violent but some began calling other drivers morons, dummies, old fools, etc. Once out of their car they returned to their usual polite self. Dangdest thing I ever saw. I've heard a few stories at the range where they were engaged with someone who was obviously pissed at them and the other guy did the "road rage" thing trying to cut them off.. I once honked at a guy who ran a stop sign, an instinctive thing to do as I slammed on my brakes. He jumped out of his car waving his arms and making obscene gestures so I simply drove around him., He followed me to the cemetery I was headed to but he didn't turn in when I did. I kept thinking "this is it".

People are crazy!
    Texas SOT

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    317725048_598250028767679_4325359093026417422_n.jpg

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I worked in a gas station while in college. Another gas station in the same area owned by the same company dropped a car sideways off the lift. It slammed into the outside wall. On that wall were shelves loaded with batteries. All the batteries were crushed and the top and side of the car was covered in battery acid.

The boss used to give us crap about drinking beer after work. All the trash went into barrels out back of the station, and he'd check every morning to see if there were beer cans. We solved this problem - well, "solved" - by simply tossing the beer cans on the roof. This went on for a long time, and one day a customer parked a new Corvette on the side of the building and came in to buy cigarettes. There was a can on the edge of the roof, and the wind blew it off. It hit square in the center of the Corvette's hood and chipped the paint. The boss ordered one of the staff to go home and get a ladder and make sure there weren't any more cans on the roof. The guy got the ladder and climbed up, but then he stopped at the top and hung onto the ladder and was laughing. He climbed down and another guy went up. The cans had plugged the drains and there was about 6 inches of water covering the roof. It was hard to see the water because it was completely covered with a sea of beer cans, all gently swaying in the breeze. They ended up filling 5 55-gallon drums with beer cans off that roof.

The boss used to stop at an ice house down the street after work, and the day all this happened, I had to track him down there to get something signed. He offered to buy me a beer. "How about one of them Miller Lites?" I can't remember the name of the beer at this moment, but I knew that it was the same brand that had blown onto the Corvette. I answered, "Oh, no, not that. I never drink that crap. I'll have Pabst." (Again, I don't remember what I picked; it was whatever I saw someone else drinking.) In truth, we all drank whatever someone showed up with, but I wasn't about to take the rap for the Corvette paint chip.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Video of some wannabe using the Rowe forceps. Real men down-fracture the maxilla much more definitively and we don't use forceps. If you make your cuts correctly, it is easy to pull the upper jaw down with your fingers.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    10 minute video of an upper jaw osteotomy (LeFort I osteotomy). They don't show the down-fracture aka disimpaction of the maxilla but it does show how we cut the upper jaw loose.

Top Bottom