The War On “High Capacity Magazines” Is Over! They Lost by 717 Million!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more and watch night time mag dump video on AmmoLand Blog.

The latest figures are in, and they spell it out clearly: the so-called high-capacity magazines are a favorite among Americans.

We’re not just using them; they’re a regular part of our lives. With over 717 million ‘high-capacity‘,,, their word, not mine, ammo magazines out there, it’s obvious—the debate over magazine size is over, and we’ve won!

And from the Washing Gun Law channel

I don't know about you but I have a bunch of standard capacity mags mostly so I don't have to reload during a match stage. And many mags so I don't have to reload too often between stages.
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Nothing but a temporary ceasefire, if that.

Being a favorite of Americans will not stop the ATF or congress from trying to get rid of them. Americans can also be quite fickle as well.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Nothing but a temporary ceasefire, if that.

Being a favorite of Americans will not stop the ATF or congress from trying to get rid of them. Americans can also be quite fickle as well.
    As a whole we suck. Why on earth do any of us trust the government. It's because we are weak and never learn from history. I am disgusted with us.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog.

NSSF, the Firearm Industry Trade Association, revealed in a report that detachable magazines with a capacity exceeding 10 rounds are the overwhelming standard for firearm owners in the United States. The report, which surveyed 30-plus years of detachable magazine production and distribution, demonstrated that of the conservatively estimated 963,772,000 detachable magazines supplied from a firearm manufacturer and in the aftermarket, at least 717,900,000 have a capacity exceeding 10 rounds, the limit some states place for lawful magazine possession.

The Detachable Magazine Report (1990-2021) confirms what NSSF has known — that the national standard for magazine capacity for America’s gun owners is greater than 10 rounds.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog.

NSSF, the Firearm Industry Trade Association, revealed in a report that detachable magazines with a capacity exceeding 10 rounds are the overwhelming standard for firearm owners in the United States. The report, which surveyed 30-plus years of detachable magazine production and distribution, demonstrated that of the conservatively estimated 963,772,000 detachable magazines supplied from a firearm manufacturer and in the aftermarket, at least 717,900,000 have a capacity exceeding 10 rounds, the limit some states place for lawful magazine possession.

The Detachable Magazine Report (1990-2021) confirms what NSSF has known — that the national standard for magazine capacity for America’s gun owners is greater than 10 rounds.
    Of course.

HtownARAK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Houston
    I honestly think the winner is the magazine manufacturers, but yeah 30rnds is definitely the standard in 36 out of 50 states. When I think of "high capacity" I think of mags over 30rnds and "Fully Semi-Auctomatic", words that are just used to scare the uninformed. Crazy to think that the standard being 30 in most states, but anything over 10 is considered high capacity when it should be low capacity.

Top Bottom