• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have the modern ones with rails and west German sigs; the West German feels a little tighter and well put together.

In my opinion- I think back in the day with Cold War going on and all, the older ones are made with some pride vs today is more of cutting corners if possible for the company bottom line
    You can certainly feel the craftsmanship on the folded slide guns. The new ones are CnC'd from billet.

I wouldn't be surprised of the new ones are actually a little tighter if you measured them, but they feel clunky in comparison to the old ones.

007FJ

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Angleton
    I have one from the early 90s from GTs that was part of the DPS swap to 357 Sig if I recall correctly. Had it Cerakoted last May in Sniper Green H-229 Slide & Graphite Black H-146 Frame.

Some numb nuts had dremel‘d co.045 into both top and bottom but the thing had been shot so little that it was like new so that’s the one I bought.

All of these years, I looked at it like added character until last year decided when I wanted it nice.

Attachments

• A42727CF-B93D-4F45-8D7A-21EC21353060.jpeg
      A42727CF-B93D-4F45-8D7A-21EC21353060.jpeg
      517.7 KB · Views: 18
    Top Bottom