I'm glad it sold so in could take the ad down and stop the madness
    Texas SOT

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That does make me wonder. The Single Six is a fundamental and very well known firearm in the shooting sports. I wonder where the Hell they've been?

Flash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    New buyers are in the beginner stage. While seasoned gun owners find the questions...difficult. It's a starting point for a beginner.

As for Google. It doesn't hold the wisdom that actually standing at the counter can provide. It's even better if one of you seasoned guys or gals were right next to the beginner. Answering the 'difficult' questions.

Inserting your knowledge, first hand.

Fu*k Google.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Just dealing with the lowballers and ppl who want you to drive across town (despite explicitly stating an unwillingness to entertain the idea of both) is enough to piss off the pope

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    New buyers are in the beginner stage. While seasoned gun owners find the questions...difficult. It's a starting point for a beginner.

Exactly, and even as "seasoned" gun owners, we are all learning. Not a day goes by that there isn't something new I have learned, so I try to be patient with those who are just joining the sport. I see it as an opportunity to educate people, but unfortunately have witnessed too many instances where gun enthusiasts have mocked or belittled folks for such questions. It only drives them away during a time when we need as much support as we can muster.

As for lowballers, they tend to be people who have been in the sport for years just looking for deals. It's all about the art of negotiation, if you don't like their offer than simply and politely decline it. Heck, I have been dialoging with a member of this forum for a firearm he has for sale on it. He knows what he wants for it, and I know what I am willing to pay for it. If those two price points don't merge at some point, then the deal doesn't happen. It's nothing personal, I respect his position and I believe he understands mine. If someone is willing to pay more for it, then good for them and the seller, and my loss but it's one I'm willing to risk.

Lastly, I've been stood up on more than on occasion, and have at least one person on this forum back out of a deal for petty reasons. That is what pisses me off the most. Either live up to your promises or don't make them, but never screw over the other party in a transaction who lives up to their side of a deal!

Cheers! M2

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Just dealing with the lowballers and ppl who want you to drive across town (despite explicitly stating an unwillingness to entertain the idea of both) is enough to piss off the pope

yeah, had my share of low ballers
    thats the dumbest thing to do as a buyer is low ball a guy over a text when you haven't even seen the gun.

I mean, agree to meet up, inspect the gun and then make a counter offer
    lots of people don't know how to dicker any more

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I've been enjoying firearms for a long time but have almost been exclusively a rifle guy. I myself admit, I've never heard of the single six and I have quite a few Ruger's but all of them are rifles. I looked it up just now and saw that it's a revolver and being that I have handguns but only train with them for self defense, I wouldn't know anything about a revolver, much less a single six. The only revolver I own is a .500 S&W Mag.

Getting something wrong or not understanding due to the lack of knowledge isn't a reason to get upset. It's something I would explain if they didn't understand and would move on. Now if someone asked you a question when the answer was clearly in the post, i.e. the driving issue, then I would ignore them or simply tell them no and that be the end of conversation.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    yeah, they produced some in the 80s, not many
    then about 15 years ago, they brought it back for the Cowboy Action crowd
    they are not very popular
    they also only came with one cylinder and shot the 32 SW and the 32 SW Long as well as the 32 HR Mag

I had forgotten about those because they are so rare
    I have never seen on, but remember reading about them

my description said the gun for sale came with both clyniders, that would rule out the 32 HR Mag

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I used to set up at gun shows and trade guns and I sold knives. They were production knives but good ones made in the USA usually
    Kershaw, Kabar, Spyderco...

I litterally had people walk up and pick up a knife and start shaving hair off of their arms on my table. I;ve had people cut themselves and try to conceal what they done by laying the knife down in a hurry and putting their hand in their pocket while the walked off.
    I had a guy come to my table, literally 5 or 6 times one day looking at a $130 Mosin Nagant 9130
    He kept looking at it over and over. He left for an hour, came back with another guy, his "expert"
    He looked the gun over for 15 minutes and ask me "is this a numbers matching gun?," ..."was it used in WWII?"
    I wanted so bad to tell him it was used by Vasily Zaytsev

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    yeah, had my share of low ballers
    thats the dumbest thing to do as a buyer is low ball a guy over a text when you haven't even seen the gun.

I mean, agree to meet up, inspect the gun and then make a counter offer
    lots of people don't know how to dicker any more
    I like the price to be set before meeting up as long as the item was described properly.

I have walked a few times when the price was set and the buyer wanted to change the offer even though the item was exactly as described. I am not leaving my house to meet up and negotiate. Of course most of my deals are atleast a half hour away as I live in a small market area.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I like the price to be set before meeting up as long as the item was described properly.

I have walked a few times when the price was set and the buyer wanted to change the offer even though the item was exactly as described. I am not leaving my house to meet up and negotiate. Of course most of my deals are atleast a half hour away as I live in a small market area.

Yeah if I'm not traveling unless you're willing to pay the price we last talked about.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I readed the hole tread and didn't see if its really "stainless" steal. If i was to spill some of the good box red wine on your gun are you sure it would not get a stain on it?

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I just sold my sp101 yesterday to a member from here. The exchange was as easy and smooth as possible. Every time I have sold on here it has been a great experience. I have never been stood up or dealt with a prick. I also answer every question in case I didn't put it in my post. It's all good to me.

Top Bottom