• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Simple. If you fire a bullet through a barrel, it will have rifling marks from the barrel. If it is fired through a suppressor, it will have additional markings from the suppressor.

Yes, drugs are regulated at the federal level. States that have legalized or decriminalized marijuana are still in violation of federal drug laws. So far from what I gather, the Feds just haven't pushed the issue yet.

But in regards to suppressors, yes, they have pushed the issue and arrested, and prosecuted people for federal gun law violations, and gotten convictions.

If your Suppressor is marking your bullets, you have crappy Suppressors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    "C. The better law was passed last session, i believe, and makes it illegal for law enforcement in Texas to enforce or assist in enforcement of Federal gun laws."

^^^...Agreed, and it appears that Abbott may interpret "silencers" as furtherance of that mission. I don't know to what end his intentions, but it would definitely "throw a wrench" in Federal enforcement (in Texas" if the Gov orders State LEO's to quit reporting thing that Texas does not consider illegal. The Fed's would be overburdened due to lack of manpower without local/State assistance.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    "C. The better law was passed last session, i believe, and makes it illegal for law enforcement in Texas to enforce or assist in enforcement of Federal gun laws."

^^^...Agreed, and it appears that Abbott may interpret "silencers" as furtherance of that mission. I don't know to what end his intentions, but it would definitely "throw a wrench" in Federal enforcement (in Texas" if the Gov orders State LEO's to quit reporting thing that Texas does not consider illegal. The Fed's would be overburdened due to lack of manpower without local/State assistance.

Laws are only as good as they are enforced. I'd like to think this new law is something more than just a symbolic gesture, but I'm not going to hold my breath just yet.

The real test comes when they actually arrest, and prosecute in Texas, a federal LE agent trying to enforce a federal gun law. When that happens, then I'll actually believe the new law has authority and isn't just symbolic.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

You forgot your END PARENTHESES in your sentence.

JustADude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2021
    houston, tx
    i wonder how many people have actually read the legislation. notice the red bold italicized text. this legislation appears to make it illegal for law enforcement in Texas to even allow the enforcement of suppressor laws within the state of Texas for Made In Texas cans.

(4)AAa district attorney or criminal district attorney.
    Sec.A2.102.AASTATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT POLICY REGARDING
    ENFORCEMENT OF FEDERAL FIREARM LAWS.

(a) An entity described by
    Section 2.101 may not adopt a rule, order, ordinance, or policy
    under which the entity enforces, or by consistent action allows the
    enforcement of,
    a federal statute, order, rule, or regulation that
    purports to regulate a firearm suppressor if the statute, order,
    rule, or regulation imposes a prohibition, restriction, or other
    regulation that does not exist under the laws of this state.

(b)AANo entity described by Section 2.101 and no person
    employed by or otherwise under the direction or control of the
    entity may enforce or attempt to enforce any federal statute,
    order, rule, or regulation described by Subsection (a).

that said, it is foolish to dangle a slab of meat in front of a hungry lion with instagram or facebook posts OR endless letters to the ATF asking for clarification or whatever. be innocent as doves and wise as serpents and enjoy the protections Texas has provided.

of course for the record i would never violate federal law. ever.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    i wonder how many people have actually read the legislation. notice the red bold italicized text. this legislation appears to make it illegal for law enforcement in Texas to even allow the enforcement of suppressor laws within the state of Texas for Made In Texas cans.

(4)AAa district attorney or criminal district attorney.
    Sec.A2.102.AASTATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT POLICY REGARDING
    ENFORCEMENT OF FEDERAL FIREARM LAWS.

(a) An entity described by
    Section 2.101 may not adopt a rule, order, ordinance, or policy
    under which the entity enforces, or by consistent action allows the
    enforcement of,
    a federal statute, order, rule, or regulation that
    purports to regulate a firearm suppressor if the statute, order,
    rule, or regulation imposes a prohibition, restriction, or other
    regulation that does not exist under the laws of this state.

(b)AANo entity described by Section 2.101 and no person
    employed by or otherwise under the direction or control of the
    entity may enforce or attempt to enforce any federal statute,
    order, rule, or regulation described by Subsection (a).

that said, it is foolish to dangle a slab of meat in front of a hungry lion with instagram or facebook posts OR endless letters to the ATF asking for clarification or whatever. be innocent as doves and wise as serpents and enjoy the protections Texas has provided.

of course for the record i would never violate federal law. ever.

Welcome to the Forum!

JustADude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2021
    houston, tx
    I think a 'solvent trap' will LEAK if you shoot through it?
    It might trap noise but the fluid will run out.

ATF does NOT like leaky solvent traps. (or oil filters)

who said anything about shooting through solvent traps or oil filters? obviously no one here would do that without the expressed written and paid off permission of the ATF. because we're good little boys and girls who follow the rules.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    who said anything about shooting through solvent traps or oil filters? obviously no one here would do that without the expressed written and paid off permission of the ATF. because we're good little boys and girls who follow the rules.
    This guy here ^
    I like this guy.

E6InTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Houston Area
    Legal issues aside - The demand is going to be so high - The backlog on production is going to be the same time frame as waiting 9mo for the @#$% stamp anyway so....

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Legal issues aside - The demand is going to be so high - The backlog on production is going to be the same time frame as waiting 9mo for the @#$% stamp anyway so....

You can make a suppressor in your own machine shop in about 45 minutes, that's if you've never made one. If you had the machines tooled to specifically build them and were building them in assembly line fashion it would take a fraction of that.

JustADude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2021
    houston, tx

nah, people like me are considering going into silencer manufacturing.

its a muffler that screws on a gun. as soon as the feds get told to piss off after they try and flex texas will be the silencer capitol of america.... and you KNOW they're gonna try and string somebody up for not following the rules that we will all totally follow to the letter.

Top Bottom