• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ol Zeke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Burleson, TX
    Frankly, scenarios don't matter when discussing law. If someone doesn't want to do ____________ then don't. But outlawing whatever it is for everyone else is "statist." And that goes for both of the major parties (including "conservatives" and "gun owners")

Freedom requires tolerance.

Like my Daddy used to say, "The hardest part of Freedom is lettin' the other guy have his." :banghead:
    Venture Surplus ad

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    Yes, happened while I was still out there. As of January 2012 OC is no longer legal in CA and I can't remember if it's on that same bill or a seperate one but starting January 2013 or 2014 (can't remember) long gun registration begins. You already have to register handguns in your name but now you will be required to register shotguns and rifles, they can't get any NFA items there either unless they are a dealer, PD, or Military organization and not an individual.
    i also heard that, recently, theres a Senator or some one like that trying to ban the "Bullet Button" thing now... basically making something stupid even more stupid by doing more stupid shit... *sigh*... our brethren in Kommiefornia are struggling with there rights even more so than before... its sad, i hope they can pull a victory...

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Oh, another law I'd like to see is some sort of major liability for establishments that post 30.06. Anything safety related happens, the establishment is automatically liable to the victim(s).

Ray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Houston
    Hear, hear I seriously have no desire to advertise the fact that I'm armed or even that I'm a gun owner except to folks I'm comfortable with them knowing. Not only that, who the heck wants the hassle of scared civvies calling the cops, staring at you, etc., in public?
    New here, so excuse my ignorance, but does open carry automatically end concealed, or would it be just another type of license? Personally, I wouldn't open carry if I have a choice, but my preference is to have any choice I want. Pretty sure the proper implementation of the 2nd amendment would do away with any restriction... my $.02

Ray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Houston
    New here, so excuse my ignorance, but does open carry automatically end concealed, or would it be just another type of license? Personally, I wouldn't open carry if I have a choice, but my preference is to have any choice I want. Pretty sure the proper implementation of the 2nd amendment would do away with any restriction... my $.02
    again... new here, only read all the comments, clearly this is the majority belief anyway, I'll keep my mouth shut.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The idea is to retain the ground we've gotten with CHL licences and add Open Carry as well.

Klacktor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I like the idea of Open Carry. Don't know if it'll every be realistic to expect texas to pass it.

I also like concealed carry a lot.

Having a gun isn't the solution to anything completely. Sure does create options though. options save lives.
    More guns in the hands of more law biding citizens is never a bad thing IMHO. More people packing mean less tolerance for shitty gun safety and general missuse of firearms.

But, we're just silly people clinging to our guns and religion.

Klacktor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Oh, another law I'd like to see is some sort of major liability for establishments that post 30.06. Anything safety related happens, the establishment is automatically liable to the victim(s).

I'd like that. Also probably unrealisitic to expect from any government body.
    Sometimes I'll tell the owner or manager they just lost business when I see a 30.06. I even filled my cart once before noticing it. Wasn't carrying at the time. Pointed out why i was leaving to the Manager on duty. Poor stock boy probably had a hell of a time restocking

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    I'd like that. Also probably unrealisitic to expect from any government body.
    Sometimes I'll tell the owner or manager they just lost business when I see a 30.06. I even filled my cart once before noticing it. Wasn't carrying at the time. Pointed out why i was leaving to the Manager on duty. Poor stock boy probably had a hell of a time restocking
    yup done that before too lol! if they dont want to uphold the right to carry by buying into the whole "guns are evil" BS the media regurgitates, then you dont deserve my money... simple as that.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Thats awesome^ you guys got some balls. I normally dont frequent any place that has a 30.06. Gun shows are the exception but there are wars around that.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    PHP:
    As an under 21 resident, I don't currently have the option of carrying concealed. It would be a great thing to be able to legally open carry on property I don't own, but the question becomes; what age will open carry be accessible too, any adult legally capable of owning a gun, handgun or rifle? I would hope they would let us 18+ individuals carry our legally owned firearms.

Even after I turn 21 it would be very nice to have the option of carrying openly for comfort, on our hot Texas days in summer, preferably in groups, for our own safety.
    Edited for spelling.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    As an under 21 resident, I don't currently have the option of carrying concealed. It would be a great thing to be able to legally open carry on property I don't own, but the question becomes; what age will open carry be accessible too, any adult legally capable of owning a gun, handgun or rifle? I would hope they would let us 18+ individuals carry our legally owned firearms.

Even after I turn 21 it would be very nice to have the option of carrying openly for comfort, on our hot Texas days in summer, preferably in groups, for our own safety.
    Edited for spelling.

In my opinion this needs to change. Having the gooberment recognize a man or woman as an adult at one age for some purposes and a different age for other purposes is insane. The government is all in our business, instead we ought to be in theirs. They are destroying this country by micromanaging our lives and our liberties. Its time to start fighting back like Americans.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    In my opinion this needs to change. Having the gooberment recognize a man or woman as an adult at one age for some purposes and a different age for other purposes is insane. The government is all in our business, instead we ought to be in theirs. They are destroying this country by micromanaging our lives and our liberties. Its time to start fighting back like Americans.

+1000

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX

agreed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Texas
    PHP:

Edited for spelling.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=7261

Just like open carry, if we can get everyone on this in 2013, the NRA already supports it, now get the TSRA & our representatives to get the bill into the house.. It can happen, I'd support both!

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    NRA-ILA | NRA Will Appeal Texas Concealed Handgun Case

Just like open carry, if we can get everyone on this in 2013, the NRA already supports it, now get the TSRA & our representatives to get the bill into the house.. It can happen, I'd support both!

I was actually going to be a part of that case, but I turn 21 before it would have been taken and actually litigated, so they opted not to use my name! In full support of it, though!

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Shreveport LA
    First off, I want to apologize for not reading every posting on this subject.
    Next I want to apologize to each one that may be offended by what I have to say on the subject.
    Then I want to say I am the holder of three concealed permits across the US and can legally carry concealed in 41 states.
    Now I want to say that I do Open Carry and have for many years without a minute of trouble and not with a badge over the belt or on the chest.
    SO now I can say what I would like about Open Carry. Please note that criminals carry concealed. Honest citizens will carry openly. Over the years, I have questioned some of the nations unlawful citizens in my job. Several have said if they see a person armed in a business, they do not make any attempt to commit a crime there.

If someone want to read a very long posting that makes a lot more sense than those making off the wall remarks about things they do not know about, have never experienced and have no evidence to back up, then read the man's post at: The Open Carry Argument

I have lived in three states that allow open carry. Currently there are 37 OC states or so I am told. None have had issues. As a member of law enforcement, an officer of the court and an expert in criminal investigations & reconstruction in courts across the south, I have never seen an open carrier have his gun taken; being shot by a robber or harassed by law enforcement. As stated in the article I alluded to that few will read, a criminal out looking to rob a place knows he might get by with doing so but if he kills someone, the police will be after him until he is caught. If he sees one armed person, he has reason to thinnk that possibly an armed friend of the man may also be around.

I would like see TX go to Open Carry. The citizens would benefit. Also it lets those not accustomed to guns see that not all people that carry a gun are out to shoot up a place. People feel safer around honest citizens that are armed. However studies done have shown that few people notice if a civilian is wearing a gun on his side but will if the person has a shoulder holster on.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    First off, I want to apologize for not reading every posting on this subject.
    Next I want to apologize to each one that may be offended by what I have to say on the subject.
    Then I want to say I am the holder of three concealed permits across the US and can legally carry concealed in 41 states.
    Now I want to say that I do Open Carry and have for many years without a minute of trouble and not with a badge over the belt or on the chest.
    SO now I can say what I would like about Open Carry. Please note that criminals carry concealed. Honest citizens will carry openly. Over the years, I have questioned some of the nations unlawful citizens in my job. Several have said if they see a person armed in a business, they do not make any attempt to commit a crime there.

If someone want to read a very long posting that makes a lot more sense than those making off the wall remarks about things they do not know about, have never experienced and have no evidence to back up, then read the man's post at: The Open Carry Argument

I have lived in three states that allow open carry. Currently there are 37 OC states or so I am told. None have had issues. As a member of law enforcement, an officer of the court and an expert in criminal investigations & reconstruction in courts across the south, I have never seen an open carrier have his gun taken; being shot by a robber or harassed by law enforcement. As stated in the article I alluded to that few will read, a criminal out looking to rob a place knows he might get by with doing so but if he kills someone, the police will be after him until he is caught. If he sees one armed person, he has reason to thinnk that possibly an armed friend of the man may also be around.

I would like see TX go to Open Carry. The citizens would benefit. Also it lets those not accustomed to guns see that not all people that carry a gun are out to shoot up a place. People feel safer around honest citizens that are armed. However studies done have shown that few people notice if a civilian is wearing a gun on his side but will if the person has a shoulder holster on.

Thanks, That's a very good article.

h8ns8n

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Flower Mound
    as a recent transplant from Oklahome (which begins open carry on Nov. 1,2012) i hope to see this pass, especially....and correct me if i am wrong but in Texas printing is much more of an issue?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    as a recent transplant from Oklahome (which begins open carry on Nov. 1,2012) i hope to see this pass, especially....and correct me if i am wrong but in Texas printing is much more of an issue?

Printing is not an issue at all. It is only a violation if a concealed licensed holder intentionally fails to conceal.

Under the penal code, a person acts with intent if it is his conscious objective to engage in the conduct or cause the result.

Top Bottom