• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I don't know how long it takes to update a site or change servers or whatever, but they have been off the air for two days now. I hope they get it fixed or give or sell it to someone who can....I enjoy the site for the most part.

Generally it takes about 72 hours for DNS to propagate to all the various nodes once you make the switch. It really depends on how fast your ISP and router / modem update it's tables. If you reset your router / modem it generally will pull the new website.
    Venture Surplus ad

texas1894

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Houston Tx
    So I've been noticing the Texas Gun Trader website has been having some issues sporadically over the past months. Now, the browser has not been able to find the server for the past couple of days.

Anybody in the know with them?

I have emailed a couple of times with no response. You may want to go look on this sight. ARMSLIST - Gun Classifieds It is a free to list sight, and has a pretty good engine for the three pictures you get. There is no charge to join, this could be a good site?
    texas1894

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Hey all, I'm new here, and thought I would join in on this topic as I was going to start a new thread about it. I was definitely bummed to see it down. I knew they were migrating to a new server and that offline time could be expected. I do hope it'll be back up soon, though. I love browsing the pages and seeing what's available. It's nice to have a site like that to go to. Bought me a nice quad rail handguard on there not that long ago, and got several replies from my WTB post. Very nice resource indeed.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    seems to be up and running (with search errors) this am. and it's down again lol. Posts were from April 3rd and the links did work. Debug in process it appears. Too bad he's got to do it with the live product vs creating a test product and testing that while leaving the old one up/running.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    seems to be up and running (with search errors) this am. and it's down again lol. Posts were from April 3rd and the links did work. Debug in process it appears. Too bad he's got to do it with the live product vs creating a test product and testing that while leaving the old one up/running.

exactly. timestamp backup......

Sent from my FD02 SPH-D710

Saxet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    I have tried for eight weeks to get an admin to reset my password on that site. When they finally replied and gave me my new and Password it did not work on Firefox or IE, so I tried to log in on another PC...still no luck. Now wonder they are crapping out, they cannot even let customers log on.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Think of them as starting prices. Unless you're in the market and negotiating you don't know what price that rifle will go for.

Look at it on the flip side as well. If you were a seller of that gun wouldn't you like to make more off your sale?

Laugh at the seller all you want but if he gets that price he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Think of them as starting prices. Unless you're in the market and negotiating you don't know what price that rifle will go for.

Look at it on the flip side as well. If you were a seller of that gun wouldn't you like to make more off your sale?

Laugh at the seller all you want but if he gets that price he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

+1, there was only one gun i sold that i actually got the price listed within a week. it was my lmt mws. i got close to what i paid for it. if i list my stuff somewhat high, its because i already know the cheapo lowballers are abound and wanna haggle $200+ off whatever is listed. everything i sell is best offer. example, i had something i was selling for $400, guy wanted to do $200 plus trade, i agreed and then he wanted to do $150 no trade. so if youre wondering why things are listed high, its because of that.

Sent from my FD05 SPH-D710

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010

I suppose they could be considered to be starting prices but, to me, those starting prices are a red flag. I'm a savvy consumer so I don't even give those a second look, however, they are annoying. Making more off a sale is one thing but within reason. But listing used guns for considerably more than new is a waste of everyone's time, especially on the internet. If the buyer is using the internet, you can assume the buyer has basic skills such as google "cetme" or similar and find links to low prices elsewhere.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    +1, there was only one gun i sold that i actually got the price listed within a week. it was my lmt mws. i got close to what i paid for it. if i list my stuff somewhat high, its because i already know the cheapo lowballers are abound and wanna haggle $200+ off whatever is listed. everything i sell is best offer. example, i had something i was selling for $400, guy wanted to do $200 plus trade, i agreed and then he wanted to do $150 no trade. so if youre wondering why things are listed high, its because of that.

Sent from my FD05 SPH-D710

close to what you paid for it is to be expected and normal. Sometime you might get lucky and make a couple unexpected bux or break even most times on used to used. BUT hagglers who offer unreasonable less via email sight unseen or less in person once a deal is struck are totally ignored in my book.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom