• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Just read the law and it does in fact mention "belt" holster and not "waist" as I had originally thought. So, I have to wonder if that means that technically you cannot legally carry in a paddle holster unless you are wearing a belt. So, suspenders and a paddle holster would not be allowed if you go by the literal wording of the legislation. Maybe the wording will need to get tweaked a bit or we will need the AG to issue an opinion that says that "belt holster" really just means a holster word along the waist.

Technically, the legislation doesn't specify that the belt holster has to be attached to a belt at the time you're using it....just that it is designed for use with a belt.

That could open up....possibilities.
    Texas SOT

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    If a college recieves federal funding, is there any federal law that can prevent it from allowing campus carry?

This was asked to me yesterday and I figured yall would have a better answer than me.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    in my opinion that is one of the things that is going to end up in court to decide but what do I know.

If a college recieves federal funding, is there any federal law that can prevent it from allowing campus carry?

This was asked to me yesterday and I figured yall would have a better answer than me.

lennie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2015
    I think that I saw on FB that Gov. Abbott signed the OC and Campus Carry today at a gun range

Neither possession of a valid CHL (HL after 1/1/16) nor the wearing a police uniform, implies good intention or legal behavior.
    Sure the odds are better that someone possessing the HL or wearing the uniform is a "good guy" but there is no guarantee.
    If a LEO sees another "uniform" acting inappropriately do you think they will ignore it making the uniform a shield. I hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Neither possession of a valid CHL (HL after 1/1/16) nor the wearing a police uniform, implies good intention or legal behavior.
    Sure the odds are better that someone possessing the HL or wearing the uniform is a "good guy" but there is no guarantee.
    If a LEO sees another "uniform" acting inappropriately do you think they will ignore it making the uniform a shield. I hope not.

Ummm

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll

Yeah, there are no guarantees of *anything* in life. There's probabilities, that's about all... For example, if you see a car with a Obama bumper sticker, there is a high probability that the driver is an idiot. But, it's not guaranteed. He could just be a mechanic and needs to test drive the vehicle. :)

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS

I remember my 1st beer.......:facepalm:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

ayecarumbaoj3.jpg

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Mailed my chl app and hunter safety card on Friday June 26th. Received my Arizona chl today. Under 2 week turn around mailbox to mailbox. I'm only out $60 plus $10 for finger printing.

NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    NavyVet1959,

Think that AZ is efficient? - When I got my CCW license in Brunswick County, VA years ago (VA does many things "county by county".), I walked into the county courthouse (with all the required documents in hand) & walked out with my license in my billfold. - It took about an hour, not counting standing in line for about 10-15 minutes to get to the proper clerk.

yours, satx

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    I'm sure someone knows off the top of their head...

How many days, hours, minutes, seconds?
    I'm just surprised that a website hasn't cropped up with some sort of countdown timer on it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sakorey
    Top Bottom