• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Anyone happen to know what's so special about belt and shoulder holsters? Is something specifically wrong with ankle or thigh holsters?

I don't know about you but the only open carry ankle holster I'd care to ever see would be if SHE's also wearing Daisy Dukes too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    The only changes with HB910 amendment is the penalty for carrying past a 30,06 has been reduced from a class A misdemeanor to a class C. If asked to leave and you refuse, its back to class A. The sign still holds the weight of the law, its just the penalty that has been changed.

Unintentionally entering a posted area is still a crime but now its a ticket with a fine of $50-$500 instead of a class A misdemeanor (fine of up to $4k and up to 1 yr in jail plus you are likely to loose your CHL). I this k I have the fines/jail tome correct but may not.

Thx

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    I would not call it greedy to win hard fought victories to partially restore rights that have been trampled on for a 160 years.

With supermajorities of Republicans in the House and Senate, and all state wide posts owned by Republicans, this should have been a shoo in instead of fighting like mad to get watered down advances.

It shows that the power of the old media to control the agenda is contested, but not gone.

Agreed. We still have a lot of house cleaning to do. I thank the ones who supported Constitutional Carry. The others are just covering their butts in my opinion. Like Stickland said, the establishment will give us exactly as much as it takes to make us go away. I'm not going away.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    glass-half-full-empty-points-of-view_zps2o57hvuo.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Funny that it mentions the "conspiracist" a just a few weeks ago congress (or maybe a regulatory body, can't remember which) cut the limit of flouride allowed in the water by half. This comes as the issue has gained alot of ground recently due to studies in many parts of the world showing detrimental effect. It doesn't mind control you but it can keep you in a mental fog and has shown to reduce the average IQ by 10-15 pts in areas with fluoridation vs none. The reason why is flouride is halogen (which is any element with 7 electrons in its outer shell) as well as iodine. Iodine is needed for quite a few bodily functions including being essential to proper functioning of the pineal and thyroid glands. Unfortunately the way the body tries to identify iodine is by the number of electrons in the outer shell so it cannot differentiate Iodine from other halogens like fluoride and bromine (both of which are admittedly needed in incredibly minute quantities for a few functions) among the others. The fluoride gets deposited in those glands where it does exactly what it was intended to do, calcify stuff. Sadly it probably calcifies your pineal and thyroid better than it does your teeth.

Also keep in mind that this is technically mass medication with NO control on dosage. You could only drink your tap water occasionally and not get much fluoride (certainly enough for iodine in your diet to flush it out of you) but sadly alot of people, especially in high poverty areas, don't drink it sparingly. Guess who where the first people mass medicated with flouride.....hmmm perhaps German Jews in WWII (and NOT the rest of the German people).

I'll also make a short mention of the fact that this stuff comes generally from the Chinese fertilizer industry as a byproduct that would otherwise have be disposed of as toxic waste if they couldn't sell it to municipalities. And in fact it's usually not in the traditional form of fluoride anymore but rather as hydrofluorosilicic acid (look up the MSDS on this) which is much nastier not to mention the fact that sometimes these products contain some heavy metals (confirmed through some local news station investigative teams, can't seem to find a link though but I've seen the vid).

Let me end by saying I'm not 100% against fluoride. There is certainly plenty of evidence that is works marginally well for preventing tooth decay although sometimes it can lead to dental fluorosis. I just want it to be put in our water supply with no control over dosage and I want the real stuff not that Chinese toxic waste bs.

/end rant

McClintock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    I would not call it greedy to win hard fought victories to partially restore rights that have been trampled on for a 160 years.

With supermajorities of Republicans in the House and Senate, and all state wide posts owned by Republicans, this should have been a shoo in instead of fighting like mad to get watered down advances.

It shows that the power of the old media to control the agenda is contested, but not gone.

Well it was all sarcasm. I'm elated that we got our foot in the proverbial door, these HAVE been hard fought victories and, if I may say, some behavior from *some* republicans was a bit suspicious. But we won, and a victory in the fourth quarter after the two minute warning is still a victory. Perhaps sweeter.

Yea I don't like a few provisions in the two bills but I don't sweat them, as it has been said before, the original CHL wasn't nearly what it is now. It seems that with the stigma of fire arms, even in Texas, you have to warm the public up to it who do not realize the steady diet of crapola fed to them by the media is just that.... nonsense.

Many may not realize the original carry license that ma Richards shot down- and sealed her political doom in doing so- would be met with great disdain if you don't like what we even have now. HB1776 it was, and you only had TWO choices of handguns you could carry... a .38 revolver or a 9mm automatic. There weren't computer databases like there are now, and that bill required a orange sticker that was standardized in size and signage be placed on your vehicle window so an officer pulling you over knew you likely had a gun with you. And also let everybody else know too....

Baby steps.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Well it was all sarcasm. I'm elated that we got our foot in the proverbial door, these HAVE been hard fought victories and, if I may say, some behavior from *some* republicans was a bit suspicious. But we won, and a victory in the fourth quarter after the two minute warning is still a victory. Perhaps sweeter.

Yea I don't like a few provisions in the two bills but I don't sweat them, as it has been said before, the original CHL wasn't nearly what it is now. It seems that with the stigma of fire arms, even in Texas, you have to warm the public up to it who do not realize the steady diet of crapola fed to them by the media is just that.... nonsense.

Many may not realize the original carry license that ma Richards shot down- and sealed her political doom in doing so- would be met with great disdain if you don't like what we even have now. HB1776 it was, and you only had TWO choices of handguns you could carry... a .38 revolver or a 9mm automatic. There weren't computer databases like there are now, and that bill required a orange sticker that was standardized in size and signage be placed on your vehicle window so an officer pulling you over knew you likely had a gun with you. And also let everybody else know too....

Baby steps.

One of the best posts in this entire thread! Mr. McClintock, you're so right about the evolution of CHL and other pro 2A laws. I have nothing to add.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    One of the best posts in this entire thread! Mr. McClintock, you're so right about the evolution of CHL and other pro 2A laws. I have nothing to add.

Good reply - the key word is evolution. I'll be sure to let my rep. know that, after two years of the Libs predictions NOT coming true, to continue to restore our rights.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    What happened to all those guys posting saying that they wouldn't accept anything less that unlicensed open carry?

Then I guess they find these bills unacceptable.

But the only issue I have with the "baby steps" is, when we lose 2A rights, they tend to be taken in one huge gulp (NFA, GCA 68, etc). That's the main issue I have with these halfway steps. Had the Dems held the number and positions of TX elected offices the GOP holds now I'd wager we'd see some major restrictions enacted in one session. Heck, the prohibitions on carrying of arms dates back to Reconstruction, and we're still not fully shed of them.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Then I guess they find these bills unacceptable.

But the only issue I have with the "baby steps" is, when we lose 2A rights, they tend to be taken in one huge gulp (NFA, GCA 68, etc). That's the main issue I have with these halfway steps. Had the Dems held the number and positions of TX elected offices the GOP holds now I'd wager we'd see some major restrictions enacted in one session. Heck, the prohibitions on carrying of arms dates back to Reconstruction, and we're still not fully shed of them.

What happens when at best only 34% of registered voters turn out to vote ....

Top Bottom