Capitol Armory ad

Texas bound, not sure why it took so long.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I am a California Native. At the age of 40, with a wife, 2 year-old son, and 5 year-old daughter. In spite of the beauty of this state, I refuse to live here any more. Although this is a gun oriented site, leaving behind the ridiculous gun laws is icing on the cake. Its the attitudes, politics, and economy of this state that has put the nail in the coffin. I don't see it getting any better and I don't want to raise my kids here.

Texas is a natural choice for me.

From high school through college, one of my best friends was from Texas. We used to drive out to visit his mother in Bowie in the summers and I always enjoyed it. The people were always good and more real than those around me in California. One memory has always stuck with me. I remember being on a dock at the end of a day of water skiing. There was an older gentleman having trouble getting his boat on his trailer. At least four guys on the dock in jeans jumped right in the water and helped him. In CA, most people would point and laugh at him or at the very least have simply ignored him.

As another bonus, I have been a Cowboys fan since before I was in grade school. Probably from Super bowls in the 70's.

Also, the economy is good in Texas and the Dallas-Fort Worth area would be a good place for my company to open a new office.

So, Peoples Republik of Kalifornistan loses 4 more. I hope your great stat will be happy to have us.

Likewise, Calguns will hopefully be replaced by Texasguntalk.

Thanks for your time.
    Target Sports

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Welcome to Texas! Only bad thing is the weather, today it was snowing yesterday it rained and tomorrow it is suppose to be in the 60's and sunny

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    well congratulations there RR!! i too took my wife and 2 little ones out of that F^%$%$ state 3 yrs ago. all i can say is, TEXAS ROCKS!!! and on so many levels. the #1 level being a great place to raise my lil guys the same way i was raised 40 yrs ago!! so if ya need ANY advice, where's the good neighborhoods are, help and info about the DFW area, just P.M. me and ill get you my # and we'll talk.good luck w/ what ever you choose, TS

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    God bless Texas!

I have to agree with you, I've been to California and it is a beautiful state with a lot to offer. Unfortunately, it's been run into the ground by bad politics and politicians. Even one of my favorites, Arnold, is flailing. The state is on a road to disaster, and no one seems to be really trying to stop it.

Texas is wonderful, we were stationed here with the USAF and loved it so much that when I retired we came back. It's been a decision we still are glad we made. We have beautiful weather, scenic landscapes, wonderful folks, lots to do and a great economy! The only downside is that everyone realizes it, and wants to come here. There's no problem with that, except a few are trying to change it, and that is just wrong. Accept and embrace Texas for what it is, and you'll never find anyplace better to live.

Anyhow, it sounds like you've done that and I only hope you love it here half as much as we do!

Cheers! M2

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Unfortunately, it's been run into the ground by bad politics and politicians. Even one of my favorites, Arnold, is flailing. The state is on a road to disaster, and no one seems to be really trying to stop it.

You know, I was really expecting a lot out of Arnold and he came in like a freight train. But he made some early mistakes. The biggest was he took on the unions and created a "Special Election" to do it. The unions got scared and spent tons of money, so for what felt like 9 months all the public heard was that: "Arnold is wasting public money to take money from nurses and firefighters". In reality, he was trying to pass the requirement that once a year, all union employees would have to check a box to allow the union to use their dues for political purposes.

So then when he lost in a land slide he said "Ok I heard you" and has been a wuss ever since.

Unfortunate in my opinion, but soon it will be someone else's problem unless the whole state goes under and they get a federal bailout that I end up paying for.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    i feel for ya brother Rum!! i too voted for AHNOLD!! and in the beginning he came out strong w/ stopping ILLEGALS from getting drivers licenses which is against the LAW by the way!! but then soon after he declined badly!! but we should have seen it coming, how else should we have expected a man to act being married to one of the MOST LIBERAL FAMILYs EVER???!!!! and YES, CRAZIFORNIA WILL get a federal bailout!! just wait and see. either way, Cali is finished!! Too many Corps and businesses have left and are still leaving also due to the high taxation!! as far as im concerned, Cali can just implode and fall off into the ocean for driving me out of my home state!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS TO ALL THE LIBTARDS and the clueless that voted them into office......OH, and the approx 12 billion$$ Cali spends on ILLEGAL ALIENS EVERY YEAR!!! WTF?????????

Top Bottom