Not open for further replies.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Without a doubt, the 'least' persecuted religion in this country is Christianity. I was raised a Christian but have been an agnostic for the last half of my life. I don't claim to know what is or isn't... because I just don't know. Please don't misunderstand my post here as argumentative or political or religious. At least I don't intend it to be.

My point is this: Politicians should stay away from religious banter and stop holding up their crosses and fish in attempt to gain votes from those who are such staunch believers because those crosses and fish are masks to hide behind truth and justice. Staunch believers will often vote for the very worst candidates because all they see or care about is crosses and fish. That, folks, is not good for any society.

I'll fully support a Christian candidate but not if they're hiding behind said symbols and masks. I don't like attempts at controlling people with their most beloved beliefs. That's just plain wrong and immoral. I've known and met plenty of immoral Christians and I'll bet many here have too.

Just stick with the facts regarding what's important for the country and leave the rest out of it. Religious freedom is, of course, part of what's extremely important. But leave specifics out of the arguments and stop claiming Christians are being persecuted in the USA. That's just bullshit.
    Guns International

Last edited:

Jeffrey

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Longview, Tx
    Without a doubt, the 'least' persecuted religion in this country is Christianity.

WAT?

Try the most. Every time you turn around, Christians are being maligned and marginalized. Meanwhile Muslims are being enshrined and protected by the tenets of political correctness.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Cruz is actually standing up to the big companies over this issue. When's the last time a republican didn't take his marching orders from the big corporations? This guy can get some populist votes.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    breakingcontact said:
    So Cruz's strategy we should find extremely interesting. This is very unconventional to focus THIS much on the base, even in the primaries.

He's dancing with the ones that brought him. It was the forgotten base that took him from 3% to defeat Dewhurst, it's no surprise the man is staying with a winning strategy.

Last edited:

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    He's dancing with the ones that brought him. It was the forgotten base that took him from 3% to defeat Dewhurst, it's no surprise the man is staying with a winning strategy.
    I understand your point and it is a good one certainly. Just on a national level this is really surprising. I guess he is applying that same winning game plan like you said. The establishment GOP advisors are either laughing at him or terrified.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom