• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stuohn101

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2020
    Texas City
    So it's been 380 days since submitting E-form 4 from through trust for suppressor. Was notified yesterday the responsible party (5320 I think) lists my name as the transferee and not the trust name (the form 4 does list the transferee as trust name). So I've been trying to reach out to my ffl (Sere Tactical in LaPorte TX) and they are out of buisness, I've emailed and no reply. What do I do now?
    Texas SOT

• Sad
    Reactions: Eli

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

NFA Branch

Contact Information​

General Questions, Directory Services, Status Inquiries - (304) 616-4500

Government and Law Enforcement Specific Questions - NFA@atf.gov(link sends e-mail)

Specific Form Processing Questions - IPB@atf.gov(link sends e-mail)

All Special Occupational Tax related questions - SOT@atf.gov(link sends e-mail)

Expedite Requests, VOIDS and Withdrawals, General Questions - NFAFAX@atf.gov

They can (by serial number) inform you who has the suppressor now. The Dealer is not allowed to keep it, and should have transferred it to another dealer.

2. Keep trying to locate your FFL.

3. Attorney

Good luck...

Stuohn101

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2020
    Texas City
    I contacted ATF in Houston, informed I have to wait until form 4 approved. Dealer actually responded yesterday via email and said he's been in the hospital. I revised the form myself and emailed to the atf.requests who then responded that they forwarded to examiner. Examiner Emailed this morning saying it has to be submitted through eforms (of course it's not showing up on my eforms site). They gave me until Friday Feb 1st. I emailed the dealer again but, no answer. I emailed him a copy of the revised form also. Lastly, I emailed him a replacement dealer information.

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    I contacted ATF in Houston, informed I have to wait until form 4 approved. Dealer actually responded yesterday via email and said he's been in the hospital. I revised the form myself and emailed to the atf.requests who then responded that they forwarded to examiner. Examiner Emailed this morning saying it has to be submitted through eforms (of course it's not showing up on my eforms site). They gave me until Friday Feb 1st. I emailed the dealer again but, no answer. I emailed him a copy of the revised form also. Lastly, I emailed him a replacement dealer information.
    If that dealer can't help you go talk to The Gun Vault in Santa Fe. Good folks.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Tough spot, it is all up to him to fix and typically you only get a week to fix it.......hence Feb 1st as you stated.

When I retired, I had to keep my license and SOT and wait out the Form 4's that were pending. Transferring to another dealer meant they went back to the end of line and started over and would have to pay a transfer fee to the new dealer.....

Keep trying to let him know the gravity of the situation....

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Their store front is completely gone, web site is gone, and phone disconnected.
    That's the problem, if they don't send then revised form it won't be approved.
    Has he given up his FFL? That is what matters. If yes, ATF can expedite your xfer, if not you have to wait.

Stuohn101

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2020
    Texas City
    Update dealer finally called me and tells me that he received my updated form and submitted, I can't go into why he's out but, it's a personal issue and he confirmed he has someone available to give me the suppressor once the tax stamp is approved. We shall see.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Update dealer finally called me and tells me that he received my updated form and submitted, I can't go into why he's out but, it's a personal issue and he confirmed he has someone available to give me the suppressor once the tax stamp is approved. We shall see.
    cool - no 4473!

Stuohn101

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2020
    Texas City
    He can only have “someone available to give me the suppressor once the tax stamp is approved” if he no longer has an FFL, and thus no 4473 is required.

So, Is he OOB and gave up his FFL or not?
    I looked it up and the FFL is still valid until end of 2024.

Top Bottom