• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    It's definitely a good read, monkeyapeman (lol love it). I think that the last time I read The Art of War was before I was a gun owner so I wouldn't have taken that message out of the texts. Interesting to read that part of it.
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's definitely a good read, monkeyapeman (lol love it). I think that the last time I read The Art of War was before I was a gun owner so I wouldn't have taken that message out of the texts. Interesting to read that part of it.

So you are saying that gun ownership has enlightened your mind to understand the depth of thought in written word? That alone implies that we are smart n shit ... I mean ... like Buddha would own at least 2 MP5s to attain enlightenment on that level.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    So you are saying that gun ownership has enlightened your mind to understand the depth of thought in written word? That alone implies that we are smart n shit ... I mean ... like Buddha would own at least 2 MP5s to attain enlightenment on that level.

Definitely. Before I would have said, "If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha."

Now I would say, "If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha with 7.62."

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Clockwork, I don't understand you're whole agenda man. I come to this board and don't post much anymore because I'm sitting here reading your condescending arguments and just wish a comet would fall out of the sky and smash your computer because you would argue with a no parking sign if you could. A new member makes an observation, and you come across as the all knowing smug guy. At the same time you get mad at Skeeter and West Texas for talking down about progressive ideas and say they are limited. You're a huge part of the reason why I don't like this board as much anymore. I'm sure you'll come up with something great to say, but most will not care.

Ouch. Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Truth be told I like Skeeter and West Texas a lot. I don't get upset about someone talking down progressive ideas, I do it myself, I just keep things interesting. *shrug*

Maybe you're just taking me too seriously? I'm a lot more laid back than you might believe... :) Sorry if I've busted up your experience on the forums at all, that's never my intent.

I was gonna talk to you about your post the past couple of days...then I got to looking back over old posts, and started looking at dates and then looked at a calendar and realized you'd be ok in about a week...happens to my daughter about the same time, so I guess when she starts getting fat and bitchy I'll know now that you are next...

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    i was gonna talk to you about your post the past couple of days...then i got to looking back over old posts, and started looking at dates and then looked at a calendar and realized you'd be ok in about a week...happens to my daughter about the same time, so i guess when she starts getting fat and bitchy i'll know now that you are next...

lmao

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Ouch. Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Truth be told I like Skeeter and West Texas a lot. I don't get upset about someone talking down progressive ideas, I do it myself, I just keep things interesting. *shrug*

Maybe you're just taking me too seriously? I'm a lot more laid back than you might believe... :) Sorry if I've busted up your experience on the forums at all, that's never my intent.

We've gotten into a few back and forths too that got heated but thats the case in anything political there is always going to be friction and conflict.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    We've gotten into a few back and forths too that got heated but thats the case in anything political there is always going to be friction and conflict.

espcially when our resident under-cover liberal starts in...speaking of, where IS Texas Skeeter???

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    hmmm. I started reading Sunny way back my distant past. Didnt finish it. Fits in perfectly with the other classical crap I was forced to read in college. I'll have to go find that book again b/c I've been having insomnia lately.

In my opinion Heinlein tells it better, gets the point across in fewer words and manages to entertain all at the same time.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    hmmm. I started reading Sunny way back my distant past. Didnt finish it. Fits in perfectly with the other classical crap I was forced to read in college. I'll have to go find that book again b/c I've been having insomnia lately.

In my opinion Heinlein tells it better, gets the point across in fewer words and manages to entertain all at the same time.

Heinlein is a great writer, whats you favorite book by him.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I was gonna talk to you about your post the past couple of days...then I got to looking back over old posts, and started looking at dates and then looked at a calendar and realized you'd be ok in about a week...happens to my daughter about the same time, so I guess when she starts getting fat and bitchy I'll know now that you are next...

WOW! lmao!

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Heinlein is a great writer, whats you favorite book by him.

Probably childish but Stormship Troopers really is my favorite.

Friday is really good in that he makes the point that a nation that doesnt enforce its own laws is on its way out. Something I think is very pertinent to present day America. We have so many laws we don't even know what they are, and some legal scholar estimate that we 'law abiding' citizens break twelve laws each day. The most obvious deal with driving cars, but there are plenty of other examples: loaning a friend a perscription tylenol for example. Or how about slipping the jug of used motor oil under your trash after an oil change? Or as pointed out here: selling your land where you've had a 'backyard shooting range' that is full of lead. So many rules that we break them and don't really worry about it. It starts small and goes from there. Is it any wonder we have congress critters that act like they are some type of royalty? Hell, posting this is probably against the law.

Stranger in a Strange Land is good, but I think it's a bit mushy. Good fantasy but not much usable philosphy. Sort of like Card's "Children of the Mind" - good read, but nowhere near as good as "Enders Game".

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    bear+arms.jpg

Top Bottom