• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    You guys have obviously never been to flying monkey auto repair. Most locations are attached to a Walmart.

Dumpnpump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    Well I’m glad you got it done.

The ball bat probably isn’t outta line. Tire shops can get overzealous with lug nut tightening too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Or not tightening the lug nuts at all. I have had no less than two Jeep dealers that neglected to tighten the lug nuts on my vehicle after oil change and tire rotation. I felt the first one and got it rectified before it did any damage. Six months later, my wire lost a tire and damaged the rear of the vehicle.

cav21082108

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2022
    Killeen, TX
    Yep. I own a filter wrench now, but I will still do it the same way my father did it when a filter was stuck: He picked up a hammer and an 8-inch phillips screwdriver, using the hammer he drove the screwdriver all the way through the filter and then used the screwdriver handle to unscrew the filter. That technique works SO well, that I once unscrewed the oil filter mount threaded connection from the engine because the filter wouldn't unscrew from the filter mount . . . The technique works on John Deere tractor filters too.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Yep. I own a filter wrench now, but I will still do it the same way my father did it when a filter was stuck: He picked up a hammer and an 8-inch phillips screwdriver, using the hammer he drove the screwdriver all the way through the filter and then used the screwdriver handle to unscrew the filter. That technique works SO well, that I once unscrewed the oil filter mount threaded connection from the engine because the filter wouldn't unscrew from the filter mount . . . The technique works on John Deere tractor filters too.
    Most are too thin od metal to do that now. It will just twist like a beer can. IF you have room to do that

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Screenshot_20221020-224233_Facebook.jpg

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Most are too thin od metal to do that now. It will just twist like a beer can. IF you have room to do that
    Yep. I did it once and the screwdriver tore through the metal of the can. I repositioned the driver through the end of the filter, away from the engine, and it worked. The metal won't deform as easily near the bottom of the filter.

Top Bottom