• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    North Richland Hills (DFW)
    Just picked up this $400 plastic monster today. Haven't fired it yet, but here's my take.

It's an ugly, overpriced, ingenious piece of shit. It's going to be banned and here's why:

1. It absolutely does increase your rate of fire. The booklet included with the stock begs to differ, but it's obvious from their youtube videos that this is their main selling point.

2. I'm skeptical about the existence of an odd physical handicap that prevents a trigger pull but somehow allows you to KEEP YOUR TRIGGER FINGER AT A RIGHT ANGLE AGAINST THE STOCK AS YOU SLIDE THE ENTIRE FRONT SECTION FORWARD AND THE TRIGGER "IN" TO YOUR TRIGGER FINGER to initiate firing. If you have that capability; you can curve your handicapped finger and pull your whole hand back normally with any rifle trigger.

3. Each round fired does NOT require a separate dedicated intention. You square your finger, and start pulling to let out a stream of bullets. I'm sure this is going to be debated... but to me you have an intention to start a river of bullets and that's what happens. Continued pressure to remain firing is not the same as separate trigger pulls. It's more like full auto where you just consciously have to keep the trigger depressed.

I'll be back after I get this to the range. I just wanted to semi-rant my initial impression
    Capitol Armory ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Youtube "ssar15" from slide fire solutions if you haven't already seen this stock. You don't even need a texas DL to get one of these at the shop ($370 at the moment). FYI they come with a copy of the initial BATFE approval letter.

Also the "3 shot burst" was just a coincidence. The stock can be locked into place but there is definitely no select fire type of option.

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    What's your AR build there, Opiate? Wondering if it was not lubed enough with all the jams and FTEs.

Aside from that, the odd manipulations required to make it simulate full-auto seriously affect accuracy.

I wonder, what's to stop someone from installing a short spring to automatically push the stock backward?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    What's your AR build there, Opiate? Wondering if it was not lubed enough with all the jams and FTEs.

Aside from that, the odd manipulations required to make it simulate full-auto seriously affect accuracy.

I wonder, what's to stop someone from installing a short spring to automatically push the stock backward?

Spring like that got the "other" manufacturer in trouble. ATF decided one day to call it a machine gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Matefrio: I thought it was ingenious in it's simplicity. I wasn't familiar with "bump" or "slide" firing before I saw this stock, I was just impressed with how little you had to do to get these AR's shooting so quickly. And with no mechanical parts. The "overpriced" and "ugly" comments should be obvious. But since there were no "prettier" or "cheaper" slide fire stocks I bought one anyways.

Sid: AR is a Wilson Combat (no chrome lining, not ideal for select fire I know) with RRA lower. I agree with the inaccuracy comment - although once you get used to sliding it I expect you can get decent accuracy. I plan on putting a flashlight and laser on a different upper and "hip firing" for all my full auto zombie needs. This AR will be my normal-rates-of-fire target shooting choice in the future.

As far as the malfunctions, there were lots of causes. The ammo was very old. The beta-mag is used and possibly defective. The gun had no lube. And finally I wasn't used to the system. I hope to get a video of me burning up 5 full mags in a couple weeks that will look more awesome.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    JUST RECEIVED MINE - wow, I cant belieive I paid $350.00 for this - I hope I get a 350 dollar smile out of it - i am sure i will after some practice with it and if it shoots .22lr with the cmmg bolt.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    who had em for $350?

Some dude who lives here in Sugar Land was selling them for around that price. He sells them at gun shows, and locally.

I think i'd buy one just for the hell of it, only under all of the following circumstances.

1. It's still legal after 6 months from today (that should be enough time for the ATF to reconsider, right?)
    2. It's price goes down drastically to double digits.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    and definatley keep us posted on the .22 lr situation... that will be the deciding factor for me.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I wanna get a couple Before they make em illegal!! cause after watching some Yutube videos of them in action, i'd be willing to bet they are gonna be on the "Your not aloud to have those" list soon!!

I'm not sure about the legitimacy of what I've heard, but apparently the ATF asked the Akins Accelerator people to give them a list of all their customers. I'm not sure what they would have done with it, either try and take them back or watch the customers every actions

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    once again, a good reason to use diversionary buying tactics.

cash money, or mastercard giftcards registered to Rusty Shackleford

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    once again, a good reason to use diversionary buying tactics.

cash money, or mastercard giftcards registered to Rusty Shackleford

I miss that show lol.

Meh... my house is probably already being watched by the ATF!!

Actually I take back what I said earlier. The guy in Sugar Land who said he was selling them said that it will be a local cash transaction that will not be listed on Slide-fire solutions customer list.

Top Bottom