• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    I recently found a deal on an AR 15 and took advantage of it and bought it. I have fired the gun and it shoots well but I was wondering if anyone had information on the lower receiver it has sportswereus stamped on it. I have never heard of this type of lower before and was wondering if it is a mass produced lower or one that was forged by an individual or small company? Another question that I have is if anyone might know the safety switch has a bullet for fire, and another one with a line through it for safe, but there is also across from the fire symbol three bullets and was wondering if this means that I can make it fully auto or three shot burst? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this forum so any info on what I should do to make my post better would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Capitol Armory ad

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    i know that its against the law unless you fill out the correct paper work, which I plan to do but I was wondering if the lower was capable of full auto

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    i went threw the same thing you cant make a new weapon full auto it has to be pre 1986 i belive... + any ar can be made full auto those three bullet mean nothing

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    thanks!Do you think that I could get a trigger group that would allow me to shoot semi and then flip the switch to full auto?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    You can't make a machine gun without being a licensed manufacturer. Does the receiver have any holes through both sides directly above the selector? Directly above not back where the take down pin is.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    thanks!Do you think that I could get a trigger group that would allow me to shoot semi and then flip the switch to full auto?
    Yes, they cost around $11,995.00 and called a "Registered DIAS" that require ATF handling forms and a $200.00 tax stamp. Anything that costs less or doesn't have paperwork is too good to be true and has serious legal ramifications.

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    You can't make a machine gun without being a licensed manufacturer. Does the receiver have any holes through both sides directly above the selector? Directly above not back where the take down pin is.
    No there are no holes through both sides above the selector, what does that mean?

blackwater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    odessa
    Thanks Texasislandboy, San Antone RR, and matefrio for the great information I think I will be rethinking making it full auto since I dont have 12 plus g's laying around anytime soon.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Thanks Texasislandboy, San Antone RR, and matefrio for the great information I think I will be rethinking making it full auto since I dont have 12 plus g's laying around anytime soon.

You can not make it FULL AUTO with $5000000000000000000000 legally unless you get a super duper FFL with some other classification. SOT or something. The $12,000 is to buy a pre-85/86 receiver that was already registered as a full auto receiver and the paperwork associated with owning said item.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You can not make it FULL AUTO with $5000000000000000000000 legally unless you get a super duper FFL with some other classification. SOT or something. The $12,000 is to buy a pre-85/86 receiver that was already registered as a full auto receiver and the paperwork associated with owning said item.

You can buy an RDIAS and legally make it auto, as Matefrio said.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    One piece of information I'm going to improve. Earlier it was said you can't make a machinegun but with a pre 1986 receiver. This is false. Unless you are a fully licensed and qualified manufacturer you can't make new machineguns PERIOD. All the machineguns that will ever be available for purchase to us lowly citizens have already been made AND registered with the ATF BEFORE a certain date in 1986. That's why the existing ones are so expensive. A lot of people want one and there aren't a whole lot of them--supply and demand. Maybe in the distant future the NFA and all amendments will be repealed, or at leased loosened.

Top Bottom