• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HuttoAg96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Hutto (Austin)
    I can get a S&W M&P flattop from CDNN for 599 after rebate, or I can pick up a Spikes Tactical M4 or mid-length for about 800. Does anyone here have any experience with the Spikes? I've read nothing but good things except for the fact that their CEO may be a little off kilter and they apparently tried some viral marketing a couple years back (message board schills, etc.)

Looking at their specs, it looks like a really good gun for the money, at the very upper end of what I am looking to spend for my first AR.
    Venture Surplus ad

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    I couldn't find it on the CDNN site. Either they're sold out or i'm just lost. But heck, another Hutto member i'm not outnumbered anymore.

HuttoAg96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Hutto (Austin)
    Fellow Hippo, it is in their catalog on page 36-37, and I think it is on their front page as well.
    CDNN Catalog 2010-3

Anyone else have any insight on the Spikes?

I'll admit the price on the M&P is very tempting, would leave money left over for a holosight or reddot.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    After looking at that S&W, that's a heck of a deal. If I had the money and wasn't using a S&W lower to build on right now i'd jump on it as well. With a chrome lined barrel, you can't loose. Keep the spare money and get a YHM flip up front sight gas block, a decent rear backup and a good red dot.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    While Spike's has a great rep on ARFCOM it would be hard to pass up on the S&W. I am happy with mine and would buy another without hesitation.

Top Bottom