• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Yeah, hence why I haven't used them. There's another place across town that charges 25 per form, max five guns per form.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

My first FFL in Collin county charged $10 for veterans and LEO. That was per form up to 5 on a form. When a FFL wants another $15 or $20 to add another serial number to the same form that is pure highway robbery. I know there is more paperwork afterwards, but those forms stay with the FFL. Not like it's x times the paperwork for additional guns.

This guy let his license lapse so I found another. Nice guy, has a firearms business internet based, out of his residence, and he's $20 per gun.

Since moving to Erath I found a pawn shop that does transfers - and have bought other stuff while there. Nice folks at Big Al's in Granbury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I found another FFL only two more miles away than the other. This one only charges $10 but I don't know if he discounts for multiple transfers. It matters little because $30 (for three) is WAY better than $120-150.

txpaulie

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Rosharon
    Have a guy local to me, say to me that he had to collect sales tax on any firearm he transfers...
    I asked how he would reckon the sales price, in order to acertain the tax; and how he would remit it to the state...
    He said he would just google the price...
    And send the state the amount he thought proper.
    Haven't done business with him.

p

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Have a guy local to me, say to me that he had to collect sales tax on any firearm he transfers...
    I asked how he would reckon the sales price, in order to acertain the tax; and how he would remit it to the state...

p

That needs to be reported. It's obvious tax fraud.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Yep, my bet is those "taxes" being paid aren't being sent to the state.

Nah... ya' think?? :)

EDIT: BTW, awaiting a return call from the $10 FFL. I'm trying to determine if the fee is per firearm or per form. If it's per form then I'll pay them $20 for the three transfers... still a good price and the right thing to do on my part. Even if it's $30 for the three it's far better than the rip-off FFLs in the town of Floresville.

Last edited:

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)

p

I believe there's sales tax on his service, but @ $20 xfer, that's $1.65. Most smart people will build it into the price so the amount due is an even number.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Off the phone with SA Arms... their fee is $10 per transfer.

He asked how many transfers and I told him three. He said I'll discount it to $20. I'm a happy camper.:)

Dealer Name: SA ARMS (TX)
    Class III FFL:Unknown
    Phone Number: 210-607-8829
    Street Address: 4106 WILD FOX DR
    City: ELMENDORF
    State: TX
    Zip: 78112

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Off the phone with SA Arms... their fee is $10 per transfer.

He asked how many transfers and I told him three. He said I'll discount it to $20. I'm a happy camper.:)

Dealer Name: SA ARMS (TX)
    Class III FFL:Unknown
    Phone Number: 210-607-8829
    Street Address: 4106 WILD FOX DR
    City: ELMENDORF
    State: TX
    Zip: 78112

dang good price. i need to find another cheap one here in the NW Austin ($15 or under)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I live a few miles north of a small town and availability of FFL services is limited. Given the sometimes limited customer base I can understand why some FFLs charge more for their services. Still, the ONE local gun shop / jewelry store charges $50 per transfer so three cost $150 with no discount for multiple transfers.
    Sounds like they are ripe for some competition! They don't make much money on new guns anyways; seems like it would be a better business model to stimulate people coming in with affordable transfers and focus on selling accessories. You'd probably get more people coming in to sell you used guns as well.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Sounds like they are ripe for some competition! They don't make much money on new guns anyways; seems like it would be a better business model to stimulate people coming in with affordable transfers and focus on selling accessories. You'd probably get more people coming in to sell you used guns as well.

Probably true... but not my problem. Those bozos may (or may not) learn the errors of their ways. At any rate, Floresville has ONE pawn shop and ONE new arms + gold dealer in town. So they have little competition within less than 20 miles. Anyone with half a brain will locate and drive to those fairly-priced FFLs. They won't get a single penny from me.

FFLs in or near Floresville...

Acme Gold $150 for 3 transfers on 1 form... no discount

H&H Pawn $120 for 3 transfers on 1 form... no discount

SA Arms $30 for 3 transfers on 1 form... $10 discount (total $20)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom