• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Waxahachie
    Well so whos ready for rifle season, im sure as hell going to be out in de kalb hoping to mow down a deer going to be using a 30-30 with iron sights at this lease all stands and feeders are about 25-35 yards apart but makes for interesting hunting, then hopefully later in the season i will going to my uncles cousins place in sulpher springs, out there most shots are 150-300 yards so makes for more interesting hunting imo. Well needless to say im just about ready. and super stoked to be going. only about a week away.
    Texas SOT

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My neighbor and I have been shooting and practicing with our our crossbows. A couple of days ago, he used his CB to kill a big doe (90 pound dressed). He got her with the Horton Brotherhood with a three blade 100 grain broad head on the bolt. Don said she went 10 yards and dropped.

Flash

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I haven't even checked the scope on my 280 yet. However, every year, even after 4 wheeler rides and beatin' around in my truck, it always shoots true. Last year I downed 6 hogs with it and layed off the deer. This year, if a nice buck walks into view, it's gonna get dropped.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I am ready but no place to go as of yet.

I feel ya, at this point I don't have much hope of finding one and I can't bring my self to pay what they want for a lease these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I feel ya, at this point I don't have much hope of finding one and I can't bring my self to pay what they want for a lease these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At my last job I was spending over a million a month. I used to have to turn hunts down they were coming in so fast. Amazing how nice vendors can be...lol

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Beauty of my MLD lease is that my season started Oct. 3. Haven't seen anything worth shooting yet though. I've only gone out 3 times so far and am waiting for cooler weather.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Checked zero on a few rifles this weekend and everything appears good will most likely carry my heavy 7mm till I swap out the scope on the ole stand by 30-06.

IMAG0195.jpg

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    We are only running 3 stands on the ranch this year. Meals are planned, cabin is clean, bed are made, trucks are gassed up. Livestock is painted in neon marking paint with "COW" so yup, guess I am good to go.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Need to go to the range and do some fine tuning. I have two goals this season:
    1. tag out
    2. kill a deer with my 6-in Ruger Security Six .357mag

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    We are only running 3 stands on the ranch this year. Meals are planned, cabin is clean, bed are made, trucks are gassed up. Livestock is painted in neon marking paint with "COW" so yup, guess I am good to go.
    whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no invite mannnnnnn im hurt(now where did i put that butt hurt form)

LJH

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Austin
    deer hunting with a handgun?
    Everything hunt with a handgun.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no invite mannnnnnn im hurt(now where did i put that butt hurt form)
    Sorry Sterling, got to pay the bills somehow. I dont even get to hunt deer this year. We are still recovering from the bad winter followed by the drought.
    Perhaps after season I'll take you on a Aoudad hunt.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom