• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Aren't there already laws on the books in a couple of states that go into effect when one of these "smart guns" reaches a certain market penetration? I feel like I remember seeing something about this in New Jersey...
    NJ law about this was repealed some time back.

Forgotten Weapons channel has a review here;

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster

Saw this article today. "The Biofire Smart Gun features built-in fingerprint and infrared facial recognition technology that only permits use by "authorized" individuals, according to the company. Biofire has called it the "first and only biometric firearm on the market."

Not a fan, not a fan. Technology breaks, and depending on the amount of time it takes to 'recognize" the owner, it might be too late.

-RadarX42

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Maybe I'm too cynical, but I think anyone building a "smart" gun is probably anti-2A. There's no way they wouldn't know that the government has been dying for decades to force citizens to buy this crap (looking at you, CA) regardless of how many lives it costs.

There are no solutions for fingerprint readers when wearing gloves, or when you drop them in the mud, or when the battery runs out, etc, etc, etc. Facial recognition on a gun....it is a testament to the limitless supply to human stupidity that anyone could even think about facial recognition on a gun and not break into laughter

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

Saw this article today. "The Biofire Smart Gun features built-in fingerprint and infrared facial recognition technology that only permits use by "authorized" individuals, according to the company. Biofire has called it the "first and only biometric firearm on the market."

Not a fan, not a fan. Technology breaks, and depending on the amount of time it takes to 'recognize" the owner, it might be too late.

-RadarX42
    And it will fail you if already shot in the face.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Two threads about Biofire merged.

This sort of tech is useless because it's both unreliable and intrudes too much on gun design choices.

Besides, if someone wants or needs this sort of functionality, Magnatrigger exists and is proven reliable. Why make everything so much more complex and unreliable?

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Magnatrigger exists and is proven reliable. Why make everything so much more complex and unreliable?
    Oh, wow. Blast form the past. Magnatrigger. I still like that, for funsies, not real life.

magnatrigger.jpg

thequintessentialman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2015
    ... waiting for ATF to "interpret" that this has been mandated since 1934 and always part of 2A...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom