Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Here's one for ya..

I have Amazon Prime
    Free shipping and delivery
    Whether it comes thru post office or Amazon driver
    You'd think the post office knows this because there is always a big ole Prime lable on the packages

Well..the good Ole Post office is keeping 2 packages of mine from Amazon saying that I owe the post office over $5 each and I need to come pay them and get my packages..

To hell with them..I just claimed them not delivered. Which they weren't and get a refund and let them ship them back.

What a bunch of dumbasses..
    As much business as Amazon spends with USPS..you'd think they would just drop off my packages from Amazon.
    I can't even guess why they are saying I owe postage
    View attachment 422055
    Wow.
    Your PO folks must be high, running a scam.
    And look at the date on that first slip. 12/27.
    It's over, I tell ya. :(
    ARJ Defense ad

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    I have stopped ordering from any source that uses USPS after my experiences this last 30 days. Every package delayed. Some arriving two weeks late and after ebay forces the refund.

Ebay forcing the refund when you ask for a tracking number is bad on both sellers and buyers. It increases costs and headache galore.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I have stopped ordering from any source that uses USPS after my experiences this last 30 days. Every package delayed. Some arriving two weeks late and after ebay forces the refund.

Ebay forcing the refund when you ask for a tracking number is bad on both sellers and buyers. It increases costs and headache galore.

Can you explain what you mean by "forcing a refund when you ask for a tracking number?" Where you the buyer or seller?

As much as I too have had my experiences of USPS shenanigans over the years, I've had over 400 shipments this year through eBay and USPS and I haven't had more then a few that were delayed and probably not more then 3 or 4 days.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Can you explain what you mean by "forcing a refund when you ask for a tracking number?" Where you the buyer or seller?
    Example: I buy item on EBAY. Seller ships USPS but does not provide good tracking information. One day after EBAYs estimated arrival I ask seller for update. They say just be patient. No additional tracking data though.

My informed delivery shows several packages in USPS purgatory. I then ask EBAY to get me a tracking number. We are now ten days after sale. At 12 days after sale, EBAY issues ( it appears automated thus my use of forced ) the refund and says seller did not tell them anything additional. Seller clearly states no returns. That is important. I go secure the gift elsewhere.

Now the balance of my packages have arrived and all is good here. Gifts delivered and projects completed. Then 22 days after purchase, package arrives. I ask seller for return information as at this point the transaction appears voided. Seller says they do not accept returns.

EBAY customer service and USPS rules both imply item it is mine. Seller did not play by ebay rules on tracking information so I get their position. I have a duplicate item, seller is out, and it is not a clean win win transaction at this stage.

EBAY thinks all is well, but the headache and delays from Amazon are far less. I like purchasing where the easy button works cleanly.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Example: I buy item on EBAY. Seller ships USPS but does not provide good tracking information. One day after EBAYs estimated arrival I ask seller for update. They say just be patient. No additional tracking data though.

My informed delivery shows several packages in USPS purgatory. I then ask EBAY to get me a tracking number. We are now ten days after sale. At 12 days after sale, EBAY issues ( it appears automated thus my use of forced ) the refund and says seller did not tell them anything additional. Seller clearly states no returns. That is important. I go secure the gift elsewhere.

Now the balance of my packages have arrived and all is good here. Gifts delivered and projects completed. Then 22 days after purchase, package arrives. I ask seller for return information as at this point the transaction appears voided. Seller says they do not accept returns.

EBAY customer service and USPS rules both imply item it is mine. Seller did not play by ebay rules on tracking information so I get their position. I have a duplicate item, seller is out, and it is not a clean win win transaction at this stage.

EBAY thinks all is well, but the headache and delays from Amazon are far less. I like purchasing where the easy button works cleanly.

Thank you for the reply...

Yeah, that's a pretty crappy seller, to say the least. I can't understand how they would be in business for long seeing as eBay will side with buyer 100% of the time because they won't accept returns. Not accepting returns, especially in higher dollar areas, they become fish in a barrel for thieves.

As far as Amazon and eBay, they are two very different models, especially when seller uses fulfillment by Amazon, which is about 95% of sellers there. Being both a buyer and a seller, there are only a few categories I would use eBay to buy in, but for everyday things I mainly use Amazon as well. From a selling standpoint, in my category, Amazon is a nightmare and that is why I don't sell through them.

One more question though, if you see it in your Informed Delivery, wouldn't those tracking numbers have been the correct ones? Why would you need to contact eBay at all?

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    One more question though, if you see it in your Informed Delivery, wouldn't those tracking numbers have been the correct ones? Why would you need to contact eBay at all?
    There were tons of packages coming to my address. My wife and kids all have their own packages and there is no way to keep track which of the 20 some in the queue was the ebay stalled or missing one. Sender identification and starting location accuracy appear the weakest part of informed delivery. Any major city can be the official package origination depending how the sender dispatches. Getting packages from many sources makes eliminating known ones on the list much harder.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I have a missing package lost as well, arrived in Missouri City on Dec 6, went to Houston the same day, then back to Missouri City on the same DAY! Dec 7 Next day to the next facility , same message all the way thru Dec 15. What a clusterfuck. The USPS has become the equivalent of a $2 whore.

Package finally delivered on Dec. 23rd! 17 days from Missouri City to 77475, hell Missouri City is less than 2 hours away. F-ing Pony Express would have been faster delivery!!

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Try mailing a card to Vancouver, BC.
    Or from.
    We ain't got theirs, they ain't got ours.
    Sent right after Thanksgiving.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    The End
    1703897788216.png

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    USPS had had a lot of problems in the Missouri city center. there have been news reports about it. It almost seems like the employees there will only process so much a day no matter how much is there.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    USPS had had a lot of problems in the Missouri city center. there have been news reports about it. It almost seems like the employees there will only process so much a day no matter how much is there.
    Bad management and toxic culture created by bad management will often result in "work to rule."

And the USPS is famous for bad management.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Small town post office rule. Every time I go in the counter persons in back sorting mail, yet they yell be right with you. And when they come out from the back they are smiling friends & helpful. Compared to Astro Main in Houston always 20 people in one with a counter person running off on break. Everyone of them have a scowl on their faces as if they just realized their chocolate Obama is really feces, and they just took a big bite.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I am waiting on three priority mail packages that have not moved in over a week. All were supposed to be delivered last week or the week before are stalled at Houston post offices including one at Missouri City.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Bobk I feel your pain.

I ordered something from Amazon back around the first of December.

They did not SHIP the item until the promised delivery date. Then it got handed off to the post office and a new promised date was given - that being the 11th. Then instead of getting the option of a refund for missing the promised date, they updated that to the 16th and now say if I don't get the item on the 16th, I can petition for a refund on the 17th.

My package is in pergatory somewhere around Missouri City, I guess.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 11-37-22 https __informeddelivery.usps.com.png

I have had shitty luck with Amazon lately. I've tried writing it off to the holiday season.

I ordered a new fishing rod thru them, as I couldn't get it locally and Amazon had it for 1/3 less than everywhere else. They waited until the promised delivery day to even ship the thing, and instead of putting it on a truck and sending it out with their own driver, they handed it off. Package went from Humble to Fresno (TX) then back to Humble, before being sent over to Magnolia. Post office sucks with oversize packages - and my rod arrived broken. Ordered a replacement.

Same exact shipping path on the replacement, thankfully it arrived in one piece, but it again went Humble, to Fresno, to Humble, to Magnolia when typically packages sent from Amazon's Humble location just go on a truck and come directly to us, or they'll go from Humble to Spring, to Magnolia same day.

I placed another order for some expensive lures, and they sent the wrong one. The replacement was also the wrong one, and now I'm awaiting my refund on that, because I'm tired of playing the "will they send the right one" game.

Top Bottom