• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    Anyone here play this awesome 3D multi player game? If you LOVE WW-II fighter planes, this one is well worth the time it takes to master. It can be had as a free version, but be warned, the free plane (P-40-II) is a dog. You will need to pony up the 1.99 for a Zero-III or Zero-V to even come close to surviving in multi player mode against veterans. Against aces, you will have no chance no matter what you fly should one decide to target you. On the plus side, most aces live by a code in the game and will not relentlessly target a newbie in a P-40. The paid version is useful because there are several single player modes that can be used to prepare yourself for the crucible of multi player combat, but try the free version first to find out if the game is for you. Once hooked, there are many different planes to chose from, but their listed statistics are not 100% accurate and should be used as a rough guide only. Clans dominate the game, but because the majority of veteran players are over 30, attitudes are for the most part friendly and mature. New players that show some level of skill and a high level of sportsmanship are recruited quickly. Use of the in-game comment wheel to throw out the pre selected friendly compliments and congrats go far to show class, where as the use of boastful sellections will get you repeatedly shot down by an ace that may take offense. Below is a tongue-in-cheek but well done video made by the best player in the game. All of the shots and video are actual game play taken right off of an iPhone. Give this game a try.
    Skies of Glory - Warlords of SAW - Glory in the Skies.mov - YouTube
    Gun Zone Deals

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Re: Skies of Glory. WW-II fighter pilots are fighting on your iPhone and Droid right

LOL for a second i thought you were a spambot but I read your other 3 posts. Welcome to the forum Señor.

Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    Re: Skies of Glory. WW-II fighter pilots are fighting on your iPhone and Droid right

LOL for a second i thought you were a spambot but I read your other 3 posts. Welcome to the forum Señor.
    Thanks for the welcome! And it is a nice place to visit.
    Yea, re-reading my post, I may have come off as a wee bit, umm, err, "enthusiastic".
    And this from an almost 50, decidedly non-gamer. Weird.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land

haha it's more the fact that you have no avatar and then the thread's first post is a huge chunk of words and a link immediately after haha. That's exactly how spambots look, so I was quick to assume haha. No worries!

Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    Sorry about that fellas, I can see how the assumption might have been made. I assure you though, I have no connection with the developers. My only motivation is to let like minded people know about the game....Well that, and to give me even more people to shoot down. ;)

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I need to figure out which box I have my ms sidewinder 2 stashed in...
    It's been forever and day since I played any flight sims.

Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    Stay away from multi player rooms this weekend if you are still green. There is a squad tourney going on, and the stakes are high enough that the courtesy usually extended to new players has pretty much been suspended. The only safe haven may be the DTB (Defend The Base) rooms as they are not part of the tournament playing field as far as I know.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Stay away from multi player rooms this weekend if you are still green. There is a squad tourney going on, and the stakes are high enough that the courtesy usually extended to new players has pretty much been suspended. The only safe haven may be the DTB (Defend The Base) rooms as they are not part of the tournament playing field as far as I know.

That would explain why the app closes everytime I try to join a multiplayer online match.

Top Bottom