• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Shit, I wonder if I can get a part-time job with them.

Just kidding, I don't need money that bad.

If they came to events other than funerals, it would be fun to mess with them. I don't think it's appropriate to do that at a funeral though.
    Venture Surplus ad

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I say we throw water ballons filled eith curdled milk at their feet, and stink bombs too. We should totally troll them

sent from my dishwasher

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm pretty certain doing anything other than blocking their view would put them in law suite mode.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The sheriff is taking a stand...
    He's playing right into their hands. As someone has previously said, they often announce that they are going to places then don't show up. If their announcement had been ignored by all official sources, they probably would have stayed home. Now, they're assured of attention from law enforcement which provides them a great deal more incentive to show up.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    He's a very professional person and highly intelligent.
    I'll take your word for it. He had a rare chance to do something both highly principled and politically savvy. It's rare those two things come together. I won't fault him too much for doing it.

Unfortunately, he just took the tragedy in West and turned it, in the hive-mind of the WBC, from a minor publicity blip into a potential payday. He did the right thing, promised to enforce the law, gave comfort to the afflicted, and spat in the eye of base opportunists. All those are good things that will likely translate into goodwill and votes. In every way, this seems right and good.

However, he's walking a fine line. If one member of the community loses it towards the WBC and they wind up with any judgment against any party (or even with an insurance-driven payout from any party), then he's the one who set up that party to take that fall. He has placed the civil, financial future of his office and that of others at a risk that is mostly outside his control. I think risks like that, however noble they appear, are ill-advised.

If nothing happens, he's a hero. If something does happen and he truly is professional, intelligent, and honorable, he may someday have to admit that the press conference was a mistake. It has the potential to be one heck of a huge mistake.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yep, he's drawn a line in the sand.

I certainly hope those goons show up and are completely disappointed they wasted money, fuel, time and effort. That their best laid plans are no match for the goodness of West, her people and all the Texans who come out to support their neighbors.

I hope 'good' wins.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'll take your word for it. He had a rare chance to do something both highly principled and politically savvy. It's rare those two things come together. I won't fault him too much for doing it.

Unfortunately, he just took the tragedy in West and turned it, in the hive-mind of the WBC, from a minor publicity blip into a potential payday. He did the right thing, promised to enforce the law, gave comfort to the afflicted, and spat in the eye of base opportunists. All those are good things that will likely translate into goodwill and votes. In every way, this seems right and good.

However, he's walking a fine line. If one member of the community loses it towards the WBC and they wind up with any judgment against any party (or even with an insurance-driven payout from any party), then he's the one who set up that party to take that fall. He has placed the civil, financial future of his office and that of others at a risk that is mostly outside his control. I think risks like that, however noble they appear, are ill-advised.

If nothing happens, he's a hero. If something does happen and he truly is professional, intelligent, and honorable, he may someday have to admit that the press conference was a mistake. It has the potential to be one heck of a huge mistake.

I disagree. So, you're saying he should do nothing just in case something else happens? I think he's doing exactly what he should do. Stand up for what is right, regardless of the consequences. Maybe I misread your post but I applaud him for what he is doing. I don't think anyone should not do the right thing just because it may backfire. Just my two bits.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Yep, he's drawn a line in the sand.

I certainly hope those goons show up and are completely disappointed they wasted money, fuel, time and effort. That their best laid plans are no match for the goodness of West, her people and all the Texans who come out to support their neighbors.

I hope 'good' wins.

Yep, sometimes that has to be done.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I disagree. So, you're saying he should do nothing just in case something else happens? I think he's doing exactly what he should do. Stand up for what is right, regardless of the consequences. Maybe I misread your post but I applaud him for what he is doing. I don't think anyone should not do the right thing just because it may backfire. Just my two bits.

Strongly agree. Doing what is right is rarely easy or popular but that doesn't change the fact that it is the right thing to do.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Concur, these assholes get away with what they do because people are afraid of being sued if they stop them. Sorry, but that's no reason not to take action. I applaud McNamara for giving them fair warning, and doubt there's a jury in the state that would judge against him for doing so...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    All he has to do is enforce every single law 100%. If a WBC member steps one foot onto private property, arrest them for trespassing. If they step in the road, get them for jaywalking. If their signs say "God hates fags", get them for public obscenity for having dirty language on their signs. They'd be minor little infractions, but each one would take a bigot off the street for a few hours.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    All he has to do is enforce every single law 100%. If a WBC member steps one foot onto private property, arrest them for trespassing. If they step in the road, get them for jaywalking. If their signs say "God hates fags", get them for public obscenity for having dirty language on their signs. They'd be minor little infractions, but each one would take a bigot off the street for a few hours.

This. Nickle and dime them to death so to speak with technicalities. They dont stand a chance in texas.

sent from my dishwasher

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    They have been here before. They protested at the Baylor K State game in Waco last fall. It was a tad less heated than this situation. I hope it gets ugly for WBC.

Top Bottom