• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I called Lowes and they sent a representative to discuss rebuilding my master bath shower, just the shower, they wanted $33,000.00 to rebuild it. The people they use is called ReBath.
    Does anyone know a company on the north side of Houston around Tomball or Conroe who does this?
    I'm thinking less than $10,000.00
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    From what I’ve heard you absolutely don’t want to go through the box stores for contractors. They tend to end up getting the bottom of the barrel guys that can’t get work due to their own reputation.

No personal experience, but everyone I’ve heard from that used Lowe’s or HD as a middle man was left seriously disappointed.

I though Rebath were the guys that put a shell over the existing tub or shower. That seems excessively expensive if it’s the same thing.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I called Lowes and they sent a representative to discuss rebuilding my master bath shower, just the shower, they wanted $33,000.00 to rebuild it. The people they use is called ReBath.
    Does anyone know a company on the north side of Houston around Tomball or Conroe who does this?
    I'm thinking less than $10,000.00
    You coukd have a whole new master bath+ built for $33,000

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    1710974085691.jpeg

1710974128107.jpeg

I do em all day long but I’m not in your area, 30k and up is what a full master bath remodel should cost. As stated above don’t call big companies, if your neighborhood has a facebook page ask your neighbors. 98% of my business is word of mouth and I don’t even have facebook. However people always have people over and my work speaks for itself.

Also be careful of how much you pay in the beginning, I don’t require any upfront money other than the day I drop off materials. If they can’t afford labor costs until the job is over I wouldn’t hire them.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Big box stores and local contractors is a lot of layers to peel back.
    Every layer costs money, and the guy in your house doesn't answer to you.

Like all the above said, a little research on your end saves a lot of money and frustration.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Big box stores and local contractors is a lot of layers to peel back.
    Every layer costs money, and the guy in your house doesn't answer to you.

Like all the above said, a little research on your end saves a lot of money and frustration.
    This..call Rebath on your own and see how they were paying lowes for the privilege of charging you extra

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    1710975999141.jpeg

Also ask the contractor if they can do a tile ready fiberglass pan like the 1 above. Liners and kit systems are shit. I offer a lifetime warranty on the pan because the fiberglass resin will never leak. You can shower in it without tile so I would suggest no less for anyone’s home.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    My shower was leaking, and rotted a few of the studs and the decking under the floor. Ripped it all out during Covid, replaced all the decking and rotted studs. Two weeks off and on demo by myself. Found there was two layers of tile on the floor. Original marble of 1970s vintage then a porcelain tile of 1990s vintage on top of that. Curiously the shower was double tiled as well. Had to have been 2k pounds in broken tile alone I had to bring downstairs bucket by bucket + the cement board that was under that. Got an estimate about 2 years ago to install a new shower re-tile floor and replace/texture sheet rock I had to pull out. $20,000, and that was with me supplying most of the the material. F that. I’ll figure out how to do it myself for that kinda money

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Being an old fat gimp I would love to have a walk tub/shower. Some said being disabled that Medicare would pay for it. Guess why I’m not soaking in my walk on jet tub?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I had my entire bathroom redone 3 years ago and it was 19k, but that was with a fake marble shower. I mean everything was redone, down to the light switch and AC outlet and tile floor.

Top Bottom