• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I hurt my shoulder this past Christmas while doing some wide grip pull ups. It hurt for several months, then, about mid May, I finally felt comfortable doing workouts again. About a week ago, it started hurting again like I had just injured it. (can't pinpoint what exactly I did to hurt it this time). Based on the placement of the pain, it seems to be rotator cuff. So my questions are:

1. How soon can I begin to rehab it, assuming it is just a stress strain? a pull? a tear?

2. What are some good rehab exercises?

3. How long does it take for these kinds of things to heal?

4. I don't have insurance and going to the hospital is way out of my budget, but I might be able to afford a clinic like Care Now or something. Problem is, they only have x-rays, no MRI or other imaging. Would an x-ray be able to determine the severity of the injury?

(I know you guys can't diagnose me or anything, and the best thing to do is actually have a doctor look at it, I'm just looking for general info)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I typically do my best to ignore things like that and hope it works out.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Stay off of it until it's working OK again. You'll probably be doing enough with the other muscle groups to keep it in OK shape until it heals. Otherwise, go to a sports physician (and pay, probably a lot). Lots of knowledgeable people on the internet, but figuring out which ones are right is impossible. Basically what Younggun said.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    I typically do my best to ignore things like that and hope it works out.

lol, that is my philosophy on most "injuries"

Stay off of it until it's working OK again. You'll probably be doing enough with the other muscle groups to keep it in OK shape until it heals. Otherwise, go to a sports physician (and pay, probably a lot). Lots of knowledgeable people on the internet, but figuring out which ones are right is impossible.

Probably going to end up waiting it out again, and just not put so much stress on it in my future workouts once I can start them again

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    Only people with the name like Betty Homemaker use outdated tools like a 1911. so you must be more Betty homemaker than you though. Let's not get on the age conversation again, you lose that battle. lol

Tried and true. Not outdated. Mention my age again and I'm gonna head South looking for ya. :cool:

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    I know about shoulder pain. Doc told me I have "Frozen Shoulder" (Adhesive Capsulitis) It was in the front near my collarbone & I got a shot to loosen it up. But, now it seems to be in the back, in my shoulder blade. It has been bugging me all day. Hubby told me "You look like you're not having fun" when we were out today. He said I had a frown.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom