• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Did not read entire thread, but on the news it stated that "his gun, & some personal items" were taken.
    It did not mention computers, cameras, other electronic items.....I found this somewhat odd.
    Hurley's Gold

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Comes down to one simple thing. Did you make any effort to prevent a criminal from getting access to your gun?. Yes, it was in a locked container, My house. Does it need to be in multiple, secure containers? A box in a box in a box? How thick does the box have to be? what grade of lock is required?.

It was not that many years ago that people left rifles and shotguns visible, in the rear window of their trucks. What has changed? the guns are exactly the same as they were. How this has become no longer acceptable is more due to the criminal and weak justice system as well as the crybabies who think every child must be a winner and punishment for bad behavior becoming non existent.

You still seem to want to punish the victim. I say we start using a stronger 3 strike rule and get back to being able to leave our vehicles and homes locked and have very little worry of returning to find them vandalized or broken into. If you do something wrong you should be corrected, if after two corrections you do the same action again, obviously you cannot learn or be trained and are therefore no longer worth expending any assistance too. Chain them up, put them to work and or remove them from the gene pool.

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    @OP: My home IS a secure location when even when I'm not there. Since when does "your home" become public property for whom so ever to enter and take what they choose? What kind of liberal logic is this?

poolingmyignorance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    houston
    A gun is not the same as your camera, TV, or your grandmother's wedding ring. Something extremely valuable, like grandma's ring worth $25,000, you really don't want to lose, so it is probably in a safe, or even a safe deposit box. I'll bet your Les Baer is in a safe. A less expensive gun is just as dangerous to society if stolen, as your custom 1911. I know several gun owners. Except for one who has only a carry gun that is on his person all the time, all my gun owner friends have gun safes. They understand security and know that the right thing is securing their guns, not spouting platitudes like, "Don't blame the victim!"

Stolen guns are widely used in crimes and provide more evidence for the anti gun people who are on our backs just looking for proof that gun owners are dangers to themselves and everyone else. It only makes sense, then, that if you have a gun, you have a responsibility to keep it safe--that is, to make it more difficult to steal than your camera. Go ahead, get as hostile toward me as you want. It doesn't make you any less careless for leaving guns in your empty house unsecured. I believe the term you're failing to consider in your anger is "contributory negligence". Sure, someone can probably break into my gun safe, but they'll have to take time and effort, and they'll more likely just move on, since the alarm will be sounding. You careless, reckless hostiles here--and the sheriff of Harris County--are part of the problem with "gun crime", and no amount of name calling will change that.
    So when a thug gets drunk, steals a car and crashes, killing victims in the other car, does the cars owner share liability for not having their vehicle in a more secure location?
    Everyday objects are potentially dangerous, I don't see how this would be any different had a thief stolen a kitchen knife and used it in a crime. Your a liberal troll hoping to get some body to fall for your trick by hoping they'll agree just because we typically don't like Adrian Garcia's anti-gun antics. Sorry buddy we're not as gullible as your type. That's WHY we're not your type.

Kelvin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    After the gun control policy we placed all our firearm in safe place and most of the people in my area are using the security monitoring services of a local company that have a quick emergency response.Because we are far away from the main city and we get the quick security services from that company.
    Rent-a-cop crowd management

Last edited:

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    After the gun control policy we placed all our firearm in safe place and most of the people in my area are using the security monitoring services of a local company that have a quick emergency response.Because we are far away from the main city and we get the quick security services from that company.

Now, after reading that and were I of a different mind set I would have a very good idea as to where to go to get guns. You are far away from the city and rely upon a local company. SO, hit up one side of the coverage area with a couple false calls and while they are way over the other side of town you are now a lot more vulnerable. or.. as someone much wiser than I puts it. Sheep and Cattle rely upon others to protect themselves from harm, so are you hamburg or lamb chop in the eye of the criminal?

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    So when a thug gets drunk, steals a car and crashes, killing victims in the other car, does the cars owner share liability for not having their vehicle in a more secure location?
    Everyday objects are potentially dangerous, I don't see how this would be any different had a thief stolen a kitchen knife and used it in a crime. Your a liberal troll hoping to get some body to fall for your trick by hoping they'll agree just because we typically don't like Adrian Garcia's anti-gun antics. Sorry buddy we're not as gullible as your type. That's WHY we're not your type.
    My "type" says I am responsible for my safety, and if I own something that in the hands of a criminal is 99% likely to be used to further the criminal activities of that Criminal, then I should go to extra measures to be sure that doesn't happen. What my "type" doesn't do is use name calling as an alternative to an intelligent argument or to excuse my own negligence. I will not leave my home empty without my guns and ammo being locked in the safe. And if I am on the jury for a contributory negligence trial for Garcia, then my vote is GUILTY. It was a careless act on the part of a law enforcement professional, to leave an unsecured gun in his empty home that did not even have an alarm!

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I would speak my mind about the OP's comments, but won't, because I don't wanna get banned.

Suffice it to say.....You, sir.........ARE the enemy of gun owners.
    This. I read the first post and thought this thread was posted as a satire. Now I think he is actually serious. Take the name off the OP and I would have bet it was some liberal anti gunner posting in our midst.

I nominate this for _________ thread of the month.

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    And if I am on the jury for a contributory negligence trial for Garcia, then my vote is GUILTY. It was a careless act on the part of a law enforcement professional, to leave an unsecured gun in his empty home that did not even have an alarm!

Where's that "idiot" emoticon?

When you get down from that ivory tower, let me remind you that he's the VICTIM OF A CRIME. Had the scum stayed out of his house in the first place, it wouldn't have happened. Break into this house, MOST are locked away - except for the ones place strategically so that I've got something within 15' of my location.....and frankly, I'm not gonna always lock 'em away when I leave for some reason - and you AND your elitist 'tude can shove it.

Clear enough, cupcake?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I'll be interested to hear what you guys have to say about the sheriff of Harris County leaving an unsecured firearm in his empty house...for the convenience of burglars.

IMO, anyone who leaves an unsecured firearm in an empty home is guilty of gross negligence. Our sheriff has just put another gun into the hands of criminals. Law enforcement should be held to a higher standard than ordinary citizens, as they know more than anyone, the danger of putting guns into the hands of criminals. He should be fired, but of course we know he will not. And the taxpayers of Harris County will pay to replace his stolen gun. Bad sheriff.

I will donate to, and help with the campaign of, a qualified candidate who runs against him in the next election.

I think you should be fired.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I leave my Bedside firearm out and easy accessible even when I'm not home. Without kids I see no issue with it, if family/friends with kids come to vist the guns are put away its that simple.

This isn't some northern state with ridiculous gunlaws and the guns have to be locked up 24/7 unless your hunting or on the way to the range.Like said previously he was a victim and the criminal is the issue, not where he decides to keep his gun in the privacy of his home.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    My "type" says I am responsible for my safety, and if I own something that in the hands of a criminal is 99% likely to be used to further the criminal activities of that Criminal, then I should go to extra measures to be sure that doesn't happen. What my "type" doesn't do is use name calling as an alternative to an intelligent argument or to excuse my own negligence. I will not leave my home empty without my guns and ammo being locked in the safe. And if I am on the jury for a contributory negligence trial for Garcia, then my vote is GUILTY. It was a careless act on the part of a law enforcement professional, to leave an unsecured gun in his empty home that did not even have an alarm!

Sent using Tapatalk...so please excuse the typos!

Dude, you are making yourself appear more and more foolish. And from your post I can tell you really don't know about contributory negligence or what it takes to win one.

Top Bottom