• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Well, not the best solution but it is something.

Nice to see a school thinking kids should be able to fight back in some way.

Having seen some of you shoot, you'd be in trouble against my kids armed with rocks.

If I were unarmed in a gunfight I would gladly accept a bucket of rocks.
    Lynx Defense

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    To those who think this is a bad idea, you are missing one very good talking point.
    Zero tolerance violence policy is pure bullshit.
    After decades of schools having a zero tolerance for people standing up to bullies, they are telling kids to stand up to a bully, AKA a school shooter, violently if necessary. Essentially what they are saying is this. Violence against a violent aggressor is your best defense. That being passive when faced with violent aggression, a bully or school shooter, will gain you nothing but more and worse aggression. That their policy against violent defense does not work.

Something most of us already know.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    To those who think this is a bad idea, you are missing one very good talking point.
    After decades of schools having a zero tolerance for people standing up to bullies, they are telling kids to stand up to a bully, AKA a school shooter, violently if necessary. Essentially what they are saying is this. Violence against a violent aggressor is your best defense. That being passive when faced with violent aggression, a bully or school shooter, will gain you nothing but more and worse aggression. That their policy against violent defense does not work.

I'll reserve judgement until I see how that school district deals with a student who punches the bully acosting him/her.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX

Yeah. My son got detention a couple of years ago for daring to defend himself against 2 kids that jumped him and started kicking him on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    In the 6th grade, my oldest did too. Sat right in front of the principal and told her that not only would I not punish him but that I was proud of him for standing up for himself and that she was full of shit. That that is why she had bullies in her school to begin with.

She did NOT take it kindly. I did NOT care.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I could tell many stories. We had bullies when I was asst. principal, and I knew who they were. Whenever they had an altercation, I knew what was going on. I always hoped the bully picked on someone who would whip his ass! And it did happen on occasion. I assumed the kid that whipped his ass was only defending himself. :green: Small school, nobody fools anybody.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I have a homeschooled senior, sophomore, and eighth grader. They are trained to to use arms to defend our home/ their school.

Recently we had an escaped prisoner in the area that according to Facebook had tried to kick in a door down the street from us. I alerted our eldest teen via text and he reported confidence in handling any scenario with our 9mm at his disposal and I had no worries and continued shopping without any concern that they could handle what was dealt.

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

ANY time there is a ZERO Tolerance Policy (ZTP) in effect the sole reason its done is to protect and to remove the responsibility of leadership.

ZTP is nothing but a fail in a society of laws. But where it shines in all its glory is in a society of crushing dictatorships.

GJC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2016
    Maybe what we should consider is a cadre of well positioned Tasers - like we place AEDs and Fire Extinguishers for easy access in case of emergency?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Baseballs.
    Wrist rockets.
    Frisbees.
    Lawn darts.
    Ninja stars.

Why stones?
    Why go back to biblical weapons?

Or - gasp - a good guy with a gun.

By offering a choice of two ridiculous options - death or a bucket of rocks - it only gives the impression that rocks are a good choice. In reality, it’s a false binary, with one being a less-shitty option.

Apparently the superintendent’s reco was overturned so it’s a moot argument at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Baseballs.
    Wrist rockets.
    Frisbees.
    Lawn darts.
    Ninja stars.

Why stones?
    Why go back to biblical weapons?

Or - gasp - a good guy with a gun.

By offering a choice of two ridiculous options - death or a bucket of rocks - it only gives the impression that rocks are a good choice. In reality, it’s a false binary, with one being a less-shitty option.

Apparently the superintendent’s reco was overturned so it’s a moot argument at this point.

There was a school about a year ago that was putting canned goods in classrooms to throw at a school shooter. I agree something is better than nothing, but this should NOT take the place of armed adults, security preferably, but teachers as well.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    It’s strange/funny to me because anything seems like a good idea compared to death.

A crocodile-filled moat around each class room.
    It’s better than death!

Let’s throw stuffed animals at shooters.
    It’s better than nothing!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom