APOD Firearms

San Antonio Gun Show 12/18-19?

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone heard about this? I saw a post on Facebook, but can't find any info. A guy named Darwin Boedecker (?) posted it. Is it legit? Really miss the opportunity to vend at a local show.
Guns International

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know about that one in December, but I saw a notification for the Saxet Gunshow on Sunday 10/3 - Monday 10/4 being held at the San Antonio Event Center. Its on the website.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Don't know about that one in December, but I saw a notification for the Saxet Gunshow on Sunday 10/3 - Monday 10/4 being held at the San Antonio Event Center. Its on the website.

Huh?

1632932655209.png

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nope, finally saw something about it on Facebook; but to be honest I am still skeptical as the promoter's website doesn't even exist...

1633272770100.png

1633272802811.png

And the address listed (8101 pat Booker Road) is a Hilton Garden Inn/Live Oak Conference Center...

1633272970740.png

DaBull

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don't use FB and Saxet's web page does not mention this weekend's guns show in Live Oak. Is it for real?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It looks like this show is ON!! Just saw this on FB. View attachment 291467

I hadn't seen this post as the question was asked about SAXET, which is still not occurring.

The above ad is posted on Texas Gun Shows Facebook page, but I warn you this isn't a SAXET-sized show!

And I am a bit concerned that their website (http://www.texasgunshows.net/) doesn't work...

1639663310259.png

They also list an email (TexasGunshows@gmail.com) and a phone number ((210) 844-9599) if anyone wants to try contacting them to confirm this show!

I believe this show has been around for a while, but given this is the venue I wouldn't expect much!

1639663421640.png

Ironically, I believe that hotel stands at the same location the old Live Oak Gun Show used to be held!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Some other stuff I found off their Facebook page...

"The ballroom of the Hilton Garden Inn will hold 145 tables"

Also posted ten weeks ago: "New website is being built as we speak"

Their last show was in March...

Can anyone confirm that's the Hilton Garden Inn they're showing?!?

1639664206678.png

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Some other stuff I found off their Facebook page...

"The ballroom of the Hilton Garden Inn will hold 145 tables"….
Can anyone confirm that's the Hilton Garden Inn they're showing?!?

View attachment 293963
I don’t believe that’s the HGI ballroom. They advertise 8500sf of meeting space. Real simple solution is to call the HGI Live Oak and ask them if it’s on the schedule.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I called HGI. There is a gun show there beginning at Noon both Sat and Sun. Can't recall the exact end time, but it is late afternoon/dinner time.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don’t believe that’s the HGI ballroom. They advertise 8500sf of meeting space. Real simple solution is to call the HGI Live Oak and ask them if it’s on the schedule.

I know it's occurring at the Live Oak Hilton Garden Inn, but I that's not the Hilton Garden Inn ballroom in the video...

This is the image of it I found:

1639714584315.png

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If anyone does go to this show, please file an AAR. I'm not going to bother going, but if it's the only game in town for the time being, it would be nice to know how it is (and I don't have high expectations, but I would be happy to be wrong!).

Bobk

Well-Known
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time that I went it was super small and not a lot of stuff. It was a "small show" and not in the old Live Oak Center.