• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Just wanted to throw out a thanks to Ron who sold me an unconverted Saiga for a great price . It gave me something to do while recovering from a pretty good ankle injury. I tore two ligaments, two fractures and a long recovery time. Almost 3 months out and still fighting swelling and keeping it loose. Anyhow, to the gun:

Starting off off with the rear, I pulled all of the stock trigger components out and cut the trigger guard. I rewelded the trigger guard to the mag catch assembly and filed down the mag release. Riveted trigger guard. Ordered some 922r trigger parts, furniture, and GB, FSB.

Then I went to removing the pain diveted fsb and gas block. That took a couple hours and several dremel cutoff blades. Carefully aligned the gas block and pressed on, same with the front sight base. Burnt through a few bits, then found one it licked and set the 4 pins. Spent yesterday aluminum blasting the whole gun to prep for paint.

After going back and forth with KUSA for a couple weeks, I finally got them to send a replacement clone 103 brake because the first was threaded at the wrong pitch. Got the new one today just as the paint cured.

Last thing I will probably have someone else do, is a 5.5mm folding stock conversion to complete it.

Here's a before and after:

5zrk57f.jpg

Here it was yesterday torn down and blasted on hangers.

TabG6TK.jpg

uFil7yn.jpg
    Guns International

Last edited:

Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    HKaltwasser: Ganz ausgezeichnet!:cool: Echt cool und verlasslich.

And excellent work. Congratulations.
    Many people don't know that these rifles were manufactured in the original factory of the AK(M) serries.

Top Bottom