• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Really good points to discuss. I want to think a bit before I post my thoughts.....
    Military Camp

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    My thoughts....

I would prefer to carry all the time. Real life, however, has other plans for me. I work in a public school where the only ones who can carry are the few that the Superintendent choose....with no rhyme or reason or volunteers considered. I also visit places where I have to go through metal detectors and other security measures that limit what I can carry. My family's Spring Break vacation included a visit to Johnson Space Center, where one is required to give up their rights to enter Federal property. (To be fair, I was more peeved to have to leave my locking-blade multitool in the car than my pistol.) Finally, I've always considered my pistol to be my "backup" weapon...preferring to use awareness, avoidance, de-escalation, and other tools before resorting to deadly force. I'd rather not test the legal system's logic and leniency in these troubled times.

My first choice for lethal SD was a knife long before I carried a pistol. I knew how to use knives effectively before I got competent enough to shoot. And, in some instances, discrete SD methods may be best to not attract the wrong attention. So I can understand the author's position. And I think a bit of inventiveness when it comes to SD tools is useful. It can certainly open up new opportunities where those who are "pistol or bust" just won't go.

Maybe the new Rule One needs to be "Have a SD plan, even if you can't use your preferred plan.".....

Top Bottom