Well, why Didn't You Say so?

th

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Ok, maybe too deep for some. Years ago I saw a movie, "Fandango" with Kevin Costner. It featured a song by Blind Faith, "Can't find my way home". I never knew at that time how it would affect me. Years later I went to the island of Antigua. While waiting in line for my flight home I saw a Mercedes 500 SC pull up to the gate and a guy and a girl get out. They got in line behind me waiting for the flight. I looked at my girlfriend and said that is Eric Clapton. She was in disbelief, but later verified it with pictures. I nodded to him and him to me. He was on the way to a guitar auction that I saw in the news. Eric flew coach like the rest of us, but in walking to our seats I saw a rapper with gold chains that was advertised on the island a few days earlier. The rapper was living it up in first class spilling drinks on everyone. Eric did not even get noticed except by us.

Years later in the oil business, I did work on an a oil production platform named "Blind Faith". After a few years of traveling there I was presented with a bundle of T-Shirts that featured picture of the band "Blind Faith" on the front, because it was all that was left over from a giveaway. I took the t-shirts and wore them with pride. It is funny how things tend to reveal themselves over a period of time. I hope you have a similar experience.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ok, maybe too deep for some. Years ago I saw a movie, "Fandango" with Kevin Costner. It featured a song by Blind Faith, "Can't find my way home". I never knew at that time how it would affect me. Years later I went to the island of Antigua. While waiting in line for my flight home I saw a Mercedes 500 SC pull up to the gate and a guy and a girl get out. They got in line behind me waiting for the flight. I looked at my girlfriend and said that is Eric Clapton. She was in disbelief, but later verified it with pictures. I nodded to him and him to me. He was on the way to a guitar auction that I saw in the news. Eric flew coach like the rest of us, but in walking to our seats I saw a rapper with gold chains that was advertised on the island a few days earlier. The rapper was living it up in first class spilling drinks on everyone. Eric did not even get noticed except by us.

Years later in the oil business, I did work on an a oil production platform named "Blind Faith". After a few years of traveling there I was presented with a bundle of T-Shirts that featured picture of the band "Blind Faith" on the front, because it was all that was left over from a giveaway. I took the t-shirts and wore them with pride. It is funny how things tend to reveal themselves over a period of time. I hope you have a similar experience.

COOL STORY!

Top Bottom