• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaliberUnknown

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2017
    Westside of Ft. Worth
    Perhaps I need to rephrase: The rumor online is Aguilla will no longer be manufacturing Super Colibris. It's online, therefore, it must be true.

Please do not be a prick. I've been nice to you, and I don't appreciate snide personal attacks. I've explained this twice...I'm done.
    Lynx Defense

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    The only thing still missing is 22 Mag ammo. Everything else is readily available.

At Christmas I also mistakenly assumed this to be the case for 22 WMR. I was surprised to find multiple brands readily available with no restrictions on amount purchased. Specifically, I saw it at several Academy stores and one Dick's Sporting Goods.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    When supply can't meet demand, it's a shortage. That's exactly what we had.

I know you won't reply because there is no logic to support 90% of what you post so you resolve yourself to drive-by nonsense and you'd have no way to validate any of it. But I thought I'd reply anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's your first problem: Making assumptions you cannot back up, and allegations that have no merit.

I have always supported my opinions with facts and actual anecdotes.

The fact is:

1. Demand was higher than supply.

2. Retail stores did not raise prices to cool demand.

3. Speculators took advantage of low prices to clean out retail shops.

4. The Speculators flipped the product for 2-3 X retail price.

5. In free market economies, demand determines price.

6. Those unable or unwilling to pay the price cannot purchase the product in demand.

7. Thus, anyone claiming there was a "shortage" really meant that they were not willing to pay scalpers and speculators what they demanded in the market place. There was plenty of product, only at insane prices.

8. Finally, the progressive leftism in our education system from pre-K to PHD that puts equality over opportunity seems to have influenced your rant.

9. Please show me where 90% of what I have posted is drive-by nonsense.

You "Young Guns" might learn a little about the real world from us old farts.

Be well.

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    btw, Wally World in N. Texas has Federal AutoMatch, (the white box of 325) for $17.42 right now, limit three boxes per day per customer. At least, the one in Highland Village did, until I bought 3 last night, and three more this morning, and now they're out! Bwahahahaha

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    btw, Wally World in N. Texas has Federal AutoMatch, (the white box of 325) for $17.42 right now, limit three boxes per day per customer. At least, the one in Highland Village did, until I bought 3 last night, and three more this morning, and now they're out! Bwahahahaha
    Well, our closest Wally quit carrying 22lr all together; but I would jump on AutoMatch for under 6cents/rnd after sales tax for sure.

I was able to get Field and Stream/Dick's to accept their Grand Opening coupon for ammo, picking up Browning BPR for a decent price. They had Blazer for $24.99 for a real brick, so the coupon would have been very sweet on that(unfortunately, I didn't want to commit to that much Blazer). They didn't have a giant display of 22lr...just a small end cap; but the non-sale prices were pretty normal retail...$24.99 for the AutoMatch unfortunately, so no deal there.

I've got another coupon, so I might drop by to see how the post-Grand-Opening prices look. They have a Pickleball paddle on sale in case I don't find any shooting gear I need ;)

topduarte

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2017
    Reds here in Pflugerville had the Bucket of Bullets (1400 rounds) for $87.95 plus tax. Still a little high imp.

BigTexasOne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Found Blazer 22lr at Academy sports for only $2.49. Limit 1,000 rounds per day.
    df4d2389cf2c52dd497698bb40f93d70.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It's friggin sparse in the DFW area. However, I'm not a plinker, so my 100 rounds will probably survive the drought.

However, the lack of available SuperColibris is killing me!

I have been amazed at the volume of 22LR available on the shelf at Academy, Bass Pro and Cabelas. Tons of the stuff all over.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    .22 Mag has made a come back too.......around here anyway.....

I even got some .22LR rat shot in......

the tide is turning...........

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Where do you find it at? Is it behind the counter or on the side? Maybe I am oblivious but when I bought my new .22 there I didn't see any ammunition.
    On the other side of a short height isle facing the factory ammo. Like if you were looking at the 22 ammo and looked over the racks you could see the factory ammo on the full height shelf. Your back would be to the reloading stuff on another full height shelf.

Tons of it there. Was anyways at the 1431/183a location. Bulk packs are down at the bottom to the right of the smaller packs.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Haven't seen those for a while. My store has the 325 pack of target. .22 Stingers too. Getting 3 more tonight. Have most flavors of CCI in stock.

from an idgit coffeeholic

BigTexasOne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Academy in Lewisville had 22wmr cci for only$11.99 and they had at least two full bricks sitting on the shelf

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    .22 Mag has made a come back too.......around here anyway.....

I even got some .22LR rat shot in......

the tide is turning...........

I recently actually shot a rat with my rat shot. I've had that stuff since the early 90's. I opened my gardening cabinet and some bastard rat had setup a nice little home in there, complete with my potting soil (but not the fertilizer). So I closed it quickly and retrieved my $100 Heritage Rough Rider 22 revolver. He died a quick death.

His spouse however did not. She made a run for it, and my pit caught her in record time. A very slow crushing defeat followed.

That rat shot works great.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom