• mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

Now that was uncalled for, sir.
    Some people are just mean spirited and have no concern for other people's feelings.

See ... you've ruined the personal time I have with my scone and vanilla latte.

'Scuse please while I compose myself ....

rs_387x291-151125163810-Ben_Stiller_Heavyweights_exercise.gif

Leaving for Colorado Wednesday
    Military Camp

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Since we're on the subject (and not Roger), what's the deal with all the 99-01 K1200 for sale...cheap

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The Home Economics teacher at our school was going to her sister's wedding in Oregon and was all wrapped up in getting a flight booked. I said: "I have a better idea!" and from that conversation, was born the 6000 mile epic journey around the western US aboard my Honda Gold Wing 1500 cc six cylinder road bike. The trip took 23 days. She shipped her dress clothing to her sister by UPS and away we went!

On the trip, there was some beautiful scenery and I looked back to comment on it. The lady was sound asleep on the bike!

That trip worked out so well that we took another western US epic on the same Gold Wing that ended up in Sturgis South Dakota for their huge bike rally on the return leg. The trip was 8000 (well....7,824) miles and took 28 days.

Flash

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The Home Economics teacher at our school was going to her sister's wedding in Oregon and was all wrapped up in getting a flight booked. I said: "I have a better idea!" and from that conversation, was born the 6000 mile epic journey around the western US aboard my Honda Gold Wing 1500 cc six cylinder road bike. The trip took 23 days.

On the trip, there was some beautiful scenery and I looked back to comment on it. The lady was sound asleep on the bike!

That trip worked out so well that we took another western US epic on the same Gold Wing that ended up in Sturgis South Dakota for their huge bike rally on the return leg. The trip was 8000 miles and took 28 days.

Flash

HA!

I actually fell asleep riding my V65 Magna.
    I got very lucky.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    HA!

I actually fell asleep riding my V65 Magna.
    I got very lucky.

That V4 would that to you! I had a Sabre V45 that was as smooth as butter. Sold it when I got my ST1100, another Honda V4. Years later, our oldest son would fall asleep on the back of it. I would pull his jacket over the backrest to keep him from falling off... :D

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That V4 would that to you! I had a Sabre V45 that was as smooth as butter. Sold it when I got my ST1100, another Honda V4. Years later, our oldest son would fall asleep on the back of it. I would pull his jacket over the backrest to keep him from falling off... :D

I was the only one on the bike, I fell asleep on the highway, woke up with my right handlebar just inches from the trailer of an 18 wheeler.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

I had a V45 Sabre as well. I put the fairing with lowers on it. Loved that bike. Smooth...........

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Nice choice!

2009?

Yes with 9000 miles

Since we're on the subject (and not Roger), what's the deal with all the 99-01 K1200 for sale...cheap

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

At 50K miles, there is preventive service on the trans input shaft splines.
    The trans come out the back so everything from the motor back has to be disassembled.
    Many airheads have stranded their riders with busted clutch splines or stripped input shaft spline.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Riding fast does not make one any safer than loud pipes do. (harder to hit, lol)

The headers and straight pipes on bike regularly get idiots heads out of their asses to look at me all the time. You'll know I'm there and if you don't you're either deaf, numb or a Democrat.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Bought a new whip ....
    Looking good. As a youth I wanted an R65; at my age, that's unlikely to ever happen. Obviously.

Besides, my mom's ghost would haunt me. She learned to ride on a brand-spankin'-new Hydra Glide and hated seeing me on anything but a Harley.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Nice but I thought you were broke?

I financed it through Vinnie's Loan and Nail Salon in Reno.
    They send me 10 non sequentially numbered C-notes on the 10th, I deposit them in a new bank account they asked me to establish and I send them back 9 on the 25th.
    Nice folks ...

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The headers and straight pipes on bike regularly get idiots heads out of their asses to look at me all the time. You'll know I'm there and if you don't you're either deaf, numb or a Democrat.

If you say so. You know deaf people can be licensed, people listen to music at loud volume, and even wear headphones.

Loud pipes are not a safety device. Loud pipes don't bother me, and I don't know why loud pipers need to justify their exhaust systems.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    If you say so. You know deaf people can be licensed, people listen to music at loud volume, and even wear headphones.

Loud pipes are not a safety device. Loud pipes don't bother me, and I don't know why loud pipers need to justify their exhaust systems.

Don't think anyone is trying to justify their exhaust just share their experience. Loud noises are a very common form of warning/safety device, as much or more so than flashing lights. Maybe we should do away with sirens, warning bells, fire alarms and backup alerts, loud sounds aren't safety devices. You claim to not be bothered but maybe you just need to justify not liking loud pipes?

Top Bottom