• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Today, I needed to shake off some cabin fever so I headed off to the new Baytown theater to see "Money Monsters." I liked the movie a lot and it was totally different than I thought it would be.

Clooney is a fast talking money chasing hound who runs a TV show that persuades people to invest in sometimes risky stock trades. Roberts is his director/stage manager who runs a tight ship in keeping the show moving.

Today's show starts fast & furious until a man sneaks onto the live stage with a pistol and a bomb. This guy is royally pissed that he lost his entire inheritance on one of Clooney's schemes. He wants to know WHY the deal went south. Unfortunately, no one has any answers so the bad guy gets even more pissed off.

Seeing Clooney get the crap kicked out of him on live TV, made me smile. His usual smirk was nowhere to be found!

The next hour of the show is aimed at uncovering the web of deception. I'll leave it there but be advised that the honesty of stock trading is soundly bashed. It is rigged and weighted to give advantages to the rich and powerful. Hell, we all knew that before, right?

There are some really preposterous events in the show. A similar example might be found in other flicks. The UZI with the 3000 round stick magazine. The kind of scene that makes you say "Oh, come on!" You can pick them for yourself.

Most of the flick kept me fully engaged, tense and alert. It was a pretty good flick!

Language is rough throughout the flick. There is a brief sexual scene and some violence. The flick was entertaining and kept my interest. I gave "Money Monsters" a B+ to an A-. Most parts were really good. A few made me want to make fart noises.

There were 5 other people in the theater! I liked the flick and recommend it!

Flash
    Texas SOT

Last edited:
    Top Bottom