• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I don't have a video because I just saw this on fox news.

I think he was the plant manager for Remington in Llion NY. The interview was based around the possible loss of jobs and impact on communities in NY State due to the new firearms Safe act enacted by Gov Cuomo. Then he was asked about being approached by other States that would welcome Remington to move to their State, and he said that these States have crossed the line in his opinion.

I can understand that NY is his home, and personally he probably doesn't want to move, but to be offended by the offer surprised me. It seems that Remington could use those new home offers as leverage to help their cause.

Hopefully I can find a video soon.
    Target Sports

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington

This isn't the same interview, but the same topic. I missed it before, the guy being interviewed is the Mayor of Llion NY. So I can understand his problem with other States offering a new home to his citys' lifeblood.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I don't feel a bit sorry. If more companies to a hard-line stance on this bullshit and left the oppresive States they live in for greener pastures then maybe these asshats in office would think twice about trampling all over our liberties. I hope Remington has the balls to leave if for nothing more than principle. I know I would personally buy more of their products if they did. I'm sure others would agree.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    It's time that manufacturers face the true liberal states are not business friendly, the split in our country grows daily.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Personally I hope these anti 2A states keep screwing the pooch and making it harder on the gun manufacturers. Maybe they'll finally wake up and get the hell out. I refuse to support a firearms manufacturer who resides in an anti 2A state. They might as well be condoning the idiocy that the legislature in that states pushes.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I spent a few miserable years living not far from Ilion, NY. I've been to the Remington factory museum (which is pretty cool), met a factory shooter, and spent time shooting and talking with retired machinists from the factory (who belonged to the gun club with me).

First, people in NY have a VERY skewed view of the rest of the United States. I had a neighbor who worked for GM and they were closing his plant. I said it was a shame he couldn't get transferred to the (then thriving) Saturn plant in Tennessee. He told me that they offered him a job there, but he wouldn't go because he wanted his kids to learn to read and write. Yes, he was totally serious. A number of people asked me if I belonged to the KKK because they had always heard that everybody in the South was a member. Again, they were totally serious.

Second, what the factory people fear is that the company will move but NOT move the workers. NY has driven out a LOT of businesses and several that I was familiar with while I worked there did exactly that; they moved the equipment and hired new people (esp. non-union people).

The amount of collective brain damage in that state is truly mind boggling. I met a lot of good people - esp. at the gun club - but many people accept the BS delivered by the LSM and politicians as fact.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I agree that people in the North East live in a bubble. I'm in the NY/NJ area all of the time for business, and these folks really have no idea what is going on in the rest of the country, and really don't care. These people can't get out of their own way. They think they are the center of everything, and that everyone wants to be them, their arrogance is unbelievable. I've had people ask me how many horses and oil wells I have, if I've been to an execution, and if my grandparents owned slaves, because I'm from TX. The NY'ers that have never left their bubble, really do think we are a bunch of dumb illiterate racist hicks. And don't get me started on Unions...

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    ^^ I would think so. Low taxes, right to work, tort reform, good economy, skilled labor, plenty of space, central location, safer than most. What am I missing here?

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    ^^ I would think so. Low taxes, right to work, tort reform, good economy, skilled labor, plenty of space, central location, safer than most. What am I missing here?

People in general resist change. I would also surmise that they feel a sense of heritage to their existing location.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I get that, but then what to do when your place of heritage no longer welcomes you?

Depends on who you are. Some people are so resistant to change that they will wither and die versus moving. Others will accept the alternative and continue to chase the dollar.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Depends on who you are. Some people are so resistant to change that they will wither and die versus moving. Others will accept the alternative and continue to chase the dollar.

True, but business's usually won't follow loyalty to their demise.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This looks to me like a guy who stays with a cheating B_____ . Instead of bailing out and dumping the woman, he just keeps coming back for more abuse.

Flash

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Folks like him are completely clueless. It is not just guns it is business. States are constantly trying to lure business's to their state. Business's are constantly trying to reduce cost and increase profit.

Exxon is in TX, where did it come from? NYC
    TI is in TX, where did it come from? NYC
    Texas Rangers is in TX, where did it come from? DC
    Dallas Stars is in TX, where did it come from? MN

We even fight amongst are selves to lure business's from one city to another.

EDS moved to Plano from? Dallas

etc.

dmwz71

Professional Retiree
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Crosby, Texas
    Seems to me that the people in New York should get their stuff together and stop voting for and electing the liberal jerks like Cuomo, Bloomberg, Schummer, Clinton, and all of the other gun hating politicians who want to weaken or destroy the rights afforded to the citizens by the 2nd amendment of the constitution. Maybe, just maybe, if they would stop electing these libtards to office, then companies like Remington would have a reason to consider moving to any other state. I know that if I were in the gun manufacturing business, or anything related to it, I would be syre to be located in a state that was friendly to and supportive of my business!

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Either way ti seems this guy has screwed himself out of a job

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts