• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Don't even know where to start on all the things I have that came from an REI garage sale. It's pretty amazing what people return.

Back in the day, there used to be a preview day before the actual sale. You could stroll through and see what was going to be offered, and make a decision about how early to get in line.

I once return a Leatherman with a broken blade, and saw it a couple of months later at the garage sale. For $4.83, I decided to buy it back again!
    Gun Zone Deals

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Yeah, I'm trying to use some logic here, and just get what I'll use. I don't need to be trying to Da
    ve Hester this stuff at the moment.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Best idea I can recommend for that is only walk in with the amount of cash you're willing to spend, and leave everything else in the car. Once you get in there, it's like being a kid in a candy store.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Spent $123ish total. That includes the membership. Got a $79 bag for $15 and a $160 marmot tent for $80.
    Well done. I didn't think the Round Rock queue would be that long compared to Gateway or Downtown. Not that many tree-huggin' Subaru drivers out that way :) . Just KIDDING! I looked at an Outback for the last vehicle and I really like trees! I have heard of folks camping out for the Gateway store garage sale back in the preview days. At least there are plenty of places to eat around their stores!

By the way, REI is one of the few Cannondale bicycle dealers left in the area. I recently bought the last Made in USA 29er frame they had. Came up with a 'custom' bike at a good price AND it qualifies for the rebate. Nice 'surprise' birthday present!

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Well done. I didn't think the Round Rock queue would be that long compared to Gateway or Downtown. Not that many tree-huggin' Subaru drivers out that way :) . Just KIDDING! I looked at an Outback for the last vehicle and I really like trees! I have heard of folks camping out for the Gateway store garage sale back in the preview days. At least there are plenty of places to eat around their stores!

Queue? What's that?
    Is that like a "lift" or a "tube"?

Pork pie and all. Lol. :)

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Ugh. Man, I was expecting tons of liberal hippies and what not. There was only two. And they were the worst kind. Guess where we were in line? RIGHT NEXT TO THEM.

I'm seriously mentally drained after listening to them. Especially since I've been up since 0230hrs.

The girl was the worst, hairy legs, armpits, etc. She had actually cut herself, intentionally, all over her legs and on her arms - including a heart shaped cut on her forearm. I know they were intentional, not only because of the # of the cuts themselves, but because she was openly discussing why she does it - because her mom was "too strict" and wouldn't let her go to her friends house. No lie; that is how she explained it.

Then what really bugged me, besides them talking about how they believe in energy of the universe and spells, is that they openly promoted Communism. That girl seriously said, that the reason why everything sucks is because of Capitalism. She then went on to talk about how she hopes she finds a nice bike, so she can sell her two others to make money.

It was barely worth it. Got a good tent, and got the girlfriend a better camelbak sans bladder. All in all, it wasn't what I was expecting, but it wasn't terrible.

Top Bottom