• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Anyone know anything about it? I guess you sign up for a $20 Lifetime membership and you can buy stuff from it. They say everything is at LEAST 40% off. I think this may be a chance to snag a good tent for cheap. The lady I was talking to said that they had a $1200 kayak sell for like $120 last time and other various deals.

Either way, there's one going on in Round Rock tomorrow - anyone going?
    Guns International

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Anyone know anything about it? I guess you sign up for a $20 Lifetime membership and you can buy stuff from it. They say everything is at LEAST 40% off. I think this may be a chance to snag a good tent for cheap. The lady I was talking to said that they had a $1200 kayak sell for like $120 last time and other various deals.

Either way, there's one going on in Round Rock tomorrow - anyone going?

REI membership is pretty cool. I get a dividend check from them annually for the purchases made throughout the year.
    I've taken shoes back that had issues with seams coming apart months later and swapped them out with no issues at all.

cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    I like rei a lot. I just got back into shopping there. The garage sales are cool but they are really popular.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    You need to get there NOW if you want a decent spot in line. There are lots of eco hippies in Austin and the REI garage sales are always packed. You will find lots of great deals but you will also find lots of shit, like shoes that were worn for a few months than returned. The last one I went to I got a $300 bike light for $35, it just had a stripped nut for the clamp. Bought a stainless wingnut from Lowes for $0.50, problem solved. I also got a $130 Thermarest for $50 and a $100 JetBoil for $50. The Thermarest was returned because it didn't have enough padding, and the JetBoil was returned because the igniter didn't work... except it did.

Anyway, the garage sales are awesome, bur you really need to be the first 50 people otherwise you're just picking through leftovers.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm not going to wait in line for 12 hours. I couldn't convince my girlfriend to do that with me anyways.

I'm looking for two things: a tent and a jetboil.

Anything else like clothing, bags, shoes, etc is just extra.

I don't really have a lot of spending money, but at possibly 90% off, it's worth it.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Ya, make sure to open up the tents to see what all is missing, or simply to verify whatever reason it was returned. You'll see tents that were returned because it was missing a pole, but upon opening it up and inspecting it, everything was there. Also, you can make sure you're not getting some stinky, moldy tent that somebody used once and returned without cleaning/drying, because they're one of those "buy it, use it, and return it" kind of people.

My buddy got a good deal on a Marmot tent because it had a tear. We opened it to check how bad, it was maybe a 1in slit in the screen. It was easily patched with the included patch kit and my buddy saved $250.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Yes, everything will have a tag on it stating why it was returned or why it's in the garage sale.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Fantastic.

So no one wants to tag along?

I think I'm leaving the house at 700hrs. I'll get there around 730hrs. It's no overnight camping, but it's better than leaving the house at 900hrs when I originally planned.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Yeah, I've found a couple of people who buy this stuff and then resell it. I'm hoping getting their 2.5hrs early will give me a chance. I'm not trying to get my hopes up - but I don't need anything that bad that I will camp out for 12 hours.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm not going to wait in line for 12 hours. I couldn't convince my girlfriend to do that with me anyways.

I'm looking for two things: a tent and a jetboil.

Anything else like clothing, bags, shoes, etc is just extra.

I don't really have a lot of spending money, but at possibly 90% off, it's worth it.

Not 90% off, but check out sierratradingpost.com. I've found some good deals on there.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    ^^^ Good website. Also, check out the online outlet section of REI.com and Backcountry.com

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    You sent me that link before. I was actually looking for it earlier today but couldn't find where you told me about it. Thanks again.

Make sure you get at least 25% off STP prices. They will send you emails regularly with 25% off and up to 35% from time to time. There are often 'free shipping' deals as well, so shop carefully. I've purchased Vasque, Columbia, Luminox, Spyderco and a ton of New Balance from STP over the years. They also carry a bit of MountainSmith if you like that line. Purchases shipped to Texas are still sales tax free, unlike Amazon.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Oh and they say they're staggering the times that they will put out inventory. So I can just make a day long thing out of it if worst comes to worst.

Top Bottom