• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Well as some of you may have noticed, I haven't been on as much as usual lately. This is probably the reason we have been hemorrhaging members and the place has become exquisitely dull in the last few weeks / months. For this I apologize! However I assure you that I am well, and in good health. Although there has been some sickness in my family, and a few narrowly avoided tragedies (so far everything has turned out OK so no worries there), that only played a small part earlier in my period of decreased forumic activities.

The reason for my extremely limited posting (as well as other things) lately stems from a profound lack of time due to a dramatic and profound change in my day to day life.

I have successfully impregnated my wife MrsWolfwood, (on the first 'real' try I might add) and am expecting a new addition to the family around the beginning of November.

In short, I would like to say in closing:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!!!!

Thanks for your time in reading this, fellow TGT'ers.

-----
    Wolfwood

Texas SOT

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    LoL! not even on the list bro.

cant have a lake dweller in the family.... eesh

;-P

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    heheeh my name is wayyyy cooler. but i think im going with my dad's name if i get a boy.

but that will remain to be seen until D-Day. (D for delivery)

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    bite your damn tongue.... off!

;)

i finally took my 2meter / 70 cm jpole off of the "couch mount" (i had it wedged between the couch and a window) and got it screwed into he side of my house - can get to san antonio with my 30 watt mini amp on 2 meters.

i have a nearly viable plan to get that mast up - and then the jpole will be at a more acceptable height. on 146.520 there is lots of FM simplex activity in the mornings, and some local guys i talk to all the time talk to baytown and college station el paso and further. soon i'll be able to hear those stations as well.

btw- monday nights at 7 pm they have a net - trivia questions etc. park ontop of a hill and see if you can get in on some of that with your mobile rig!

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    yep. sounds strange as it's the agreed upon fm simplex calling frequency, but as you may have noticed, it is usually pretty dead, and from what i can hear they pause regularly for new folks can get in.

mornings and evening starting around 5 am OR pm though here there is usually someone to simplex with you.

had more luck with 2 meters fm @ ~30W than 10 meters SSB @ ~100W as a matter of fact.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    yep. sounds strange as it's the agreed upon fm simplex calling frequency, but as you may have noticed, it is usually pretty dead, and from what i can hear they pause regularly for new folks can get in.

mornings and evening starting around 5 am OR pm though here there is usually someone to simplex with you.

had more luck with 2 meters fm @ ~30W than 10 meters SSB @ ~100W as a matter of fact.

Any activity on UHF? I've got a commercial yagi that might make it with the 50 watts from the mobile if I get on the top of the hill.

Top Bottom