• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    I recently picked up a Takedown 10/22, and am interested in a red dot for it to keep weight and size down. 100-200 is my price range. I have been looking at the Bushnell TRS-25.

The only downside I see to it is the 3 MOA dot, which I think it a bit too large. Would I have a problem shooting squirrels and rabbits in the head at around 75 yards with a 3 MOA dot?

I am aware that the Bushnell is considered a micro-red dot, but I am not opposed to a regular sized red dot. Thank you. The only experience I have with these types of sights is an EO Tech, so this is kind of a new world to me.
    Target Sports

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    I dont think a red dot is the way to go if your trying to shoot squirrels in the head. Youd prob be better off with irons or a scope.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    A 3moa dot at 75 yards....simple math to roughly estimate how big it's going to be. But I'm second guessing your choice of rifle for 75 yard head shots on game as small as rabbits and squirrels.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    A 3moa dot at 75 yards....simple math to roughly estimate how big it's going to be. But I'm second guessing your choice of rifle for 75 yard head shots on game as small as rabbits and squirrels.

Gee, thanks. Next time I'll just do the math instead of bother you with a question.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Prostaff Rimfire Rifle Scope 4x 32mm Nikoplex Reticle Matte is what I have for my 10/22. Great glass for the price, durable and simple for hunting. Scope parallax is set to 50 yards.

APV Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 40mm Adjustable Objective APV Reticle Matte would be my next choice. 4.5-14x 40mm Adjustable Objective for under $150 with great optics.

The Nikon looks great. I just want something that will still allow the Takedown to fit in the bag. Thanks for the links.

Top Bottom