• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I know not to get my hopes up, especially with the way Hollywood is these days. That being said, I actually think this movie might turn out well.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't know. The acting looks weak, even in the trailer.

And I'm going to have a big problem trying to get past the whole "North Korea invades Michigan" thing.

I think this one looks better:

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I don't know. The acting looks weak, even in the trailer.

And I'm going to have a big problem trying to get past the whole "North Korea invades Michigan" thing.

It was originally supposed to be Cuba! I had to wonder how they expected people to take that seriously. The San Antonio TGT members alone could squash Cuba.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It was originally supposed to be Cuba! I had to wonder how they expected people to take that seriously. The San Antonio TGT members alone could squash Cuba.

Too many deer hunters in Michigan for either country. :p

What I'd heard was that it was supposed to be China, which would actually make sense. But we can't have that, now can we?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Either good or bad. Crappy actors or not.

As long as it sparks the idea, that the USA is not immune from invasion. That all the walmarts and atm machines are a reality on to ourselves. That there are people that will and want to kill every man woman and child on this soil. That the world isn't as cozy place as our own living rooms.

God willing it will unite that American spark. The spark you feel in your gut. The spark that screams, "I'm a American, I will destroy you and all you know to defend her", "Tread lightly, cause this is sacred land"

The world knows, all we need is a reason. A noble one. And nothing on earth can stop us.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    chili055.gif
    Woohoo! was that an XM134 on top of that stang?

NoKo invasion seems somewhat plausible bein the new evil empire an all.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    chili055.gif
    Woohoo! was that an XM134 on top of that stang?

NoKo invasion seems somewhat plausible bein the new evil empire an all.

How is a North Korean invasion of the US plausible? The majority of the people there are so underfed they're the size of 12 year old children. They wouldn't be able to afford the fuel just to get here. And once they were here, their troops would be so busy shitting themselves at the sight of supermarkets that combat just wouldn't happen.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    LOL, did some poking around. Apparently almost half the NK population is active, reserve or paramilitary. NK would cease to exist, even without us retaliating, the South Koreans deciding that it was a good time to reunify or the Chinese looking to expand their empire.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    How is a North Korean invasion of the US plausible?

Well, to be fair, the original Russian premise wasn't entirely plausible either. They sure managed to land in the middle of the country with no problems.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Well, to be fair, the original Russian premise wasn't entirely plausible either. They sure managed to land in the middle of the country with no problems.

As presented, it was. IIRC, most details were vague, but it seems like they had their Central American allies (communism in that area was a real threat for a while) come up through Mexico and cut a path right through the middle of the US. The USAF Col. says that the Soviets used aircraft disguised as cargo flights in their first strike, and one of the opening salvos was nuclear.

As long as (like it was presented in the movie) the Soviets could keep Europe out of it (not too hard to believe - they'd have just breathed a sigh of relief it wasn't them and gone back to turning themselves into Soviet-style states on their own), I think the invasion could have been pulled off the way it was presented.

I haven't seen the original one yet. Is it worth a watch?

Very much so.

Top Bottom