• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    So yesterday I called this asswipes and asked if they had a Dillon 650 bullet tray. They checked and they had one left. I asked if they could put my name on it and set it aside and I'd be in today to pick it up.

Gunmaster is right at an hour from my house in good traffic.

Went there today at 11:30. Walked in and asked about the bullet tray they started looking for it and couldn't find it. Finally the young guy pipes up and says "I sold that this morning, a guy came in and asked for one and I asked him if it was being held for him, he said yes so I sold it to him:.

Now I worked retail, in the gun business for 13 years. If you set something back you always put a name and date on it. When someone comes in to pick it up, if you don't know them, you ask their name.

This slack jawed idiot just handed it over without asking the guys name. To compound it they just said sorry. No offer to order one and have it shipped to me or anything.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and don't shop at this business.

I have to say this. David, the owner of Gunmaster is a man of his word. He contacted me after I left a Google review. He offered to make it up to me that the bullet tray was sold out from under me. Today I received a .45 Colt conversion kit at no charge.

While I've never met him he appears to be a standup guy who cares about his business. Now if he could whip some of the employees into shape.

Edited for posterity.
    Vaquero
    Lynx Defense

Last edited by a moderator:

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Did you not get the guy's name you spoke to on the phone? I can see how that could happen. It is retail. They could have offered to make it right

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I would place this in the "shit happens" catagory.

Not that I know or care about that business but these things do happen.

If they only sell 5 a year the odds of two guys claiming they called in are pretty slim.

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    The last time I was in Gunmaster, about 4 years ago, I was completely ignored by the three people working there while being the only customer in the store. The three of them were sitting behind the counter telling each other how you can't hit anything with a snubnose! Walked right by them and say Hi, they looked at me like I had a lot of nerve interfering with their conversation.

I walked out, bought my powder at Bullet Trap, won't go back to Gunmaster and haven't recommended them to anyone.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I would place this in the "shit happens" catagory.

Not that I know or care about that business but these things do happen.

If they only sell 5 a year the odds of two guys claiming they called in are pretty slim.

I'm sure they sell more than 5 a year. They are only one of two Dillon dealers in the DFW area. The other guy was out also as are a couple of my goto online outlets.

I thought I had ordered the damn thing when I placed my order with Dillon.

As a side note I called Gunmaster to price out a Dillon 650 there. They were full retail AND sales tax. I mentioned to them if they could match the price from Dillon I'd buy from them. The person on the phone tried to tell me that paying sales tax was cheaper than shipping from Dillon.

Ummm....sorry dude but Dillon charges $25.99 to ship a 650 and case feeder. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than sales tax on $830. My actual order from Dillon was $950 and should have been almost a grand with the bullet tray. That's $82.50 in sales tax vs $25.99 to ship.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The last time I was in Gunmaster, about 4 years ago, I was completely ignored by the three people working there while being the only customer in the store. The three of them were sitting behind the counter telling each other how you can't hit anything with a snubnose! Walked right by them and say Hi, they looked at me like I had a lot of nerve interfering with their conversation.

I walked out, bought my powder at Bullet Trap, won't go back to Gunmaster and haven't recommended them to anyone.
    When the day comes I have my own store I will fire anyone caught doing this.

I don’t know why people think this ok.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    #1 rule in retail Greet EVERY customer.
    #2 rule Treat EVERY customer like they're going to spend a million dollars.
    There’s a couple issues I have with employees like those mentioned. I agree with you but I’ll add.

I didn’t know it was ok to stand around and bs on the clock. Again, I think what would make me most mad is this. Have a bad day? Meet a crappy customer? Oh well, get to work. I have delt with few truly shitty customers when I worked shows. Upselling and tactics aside, I enjoy greeting people. I like talking guns with a customer, even if they don’t know a lot. People gotta remember how many guys or ladies...or gender fluid lgbtfrqasgjkng folks feel emasculated because they don’t know anything. My mentality is kind of pc but I prefer to keep the environment very friendly. Politics stay outside, bad attitude stays outside, and you must interact with the customer.

I only had two customers I turned away in different ways. One was an obvious crackhead. He crackhead fast walked to the table, white version of Tyron Biggums, and said he needed a gun. I was all what you need is to keep walking.

Other guy was definitely gay and cool for him but he was angry. Probably because his titties he was trying to grow; his changing hormones were probably causing issues. It was Portland Oregon, it’s pretty common to see these pre op guys. This dude was just an angry mofo. Finally I just got up and handed him off to the owners wife and was all I’m gonna go get something to eat.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Money talks, bullshit walks.

You are unhappy they did not hold it? I am unhappy when I drive an 1 hr one way, they have it but will not sell it, holding it for some customer who may or may not show up.

Bullet Trap? LOL. That place is a joke. Last time I was there, I could not buy Bianchi Speed Strips ($5.95) without name, address, city, state, zip, email, etc. **** that. Customer lost for life over $5.95.

Simple reality is gun stores seem to be run by morons. Amazon, Brownells, Midway or direct for me.

Top Bottom