• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Ok so my brother-in-law asked if I wanted to go to a micro-brew tour with him yesterday and having done a couple when I was out in southern California I was all for it. I've gotta say that it was great, if you've never heard of Ranger Creek Brewing and Distilling in San Antonio I highly recommend looking into their products (available at Gabriels Spirits, Specs, a few restaurants, and quite a few other places throughout San Antonio, Austin, and now in Houston, and Dallas areas). I wanna point out that I am in no way affiliated with this company and until yesterday had never heard of them but after today am a big fan. You can go to their website Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling – San Antonio, TX and check them out, they offer brewstillery tours which is free but $10 buys you a souvenir glass and they throw in three tickets for samples (either three beer tickets or two beer and one for a 1/2 oz bourbon evaluation), they also offer up where you can volunteer to help bottle and label beer and bourbon and get to take home some product. The two beers I tried were really good and the bourbon is stout and top notch. I go out of my way to buy American made on principle and Texas made on upbringing so I will definitely be supporting these guys, they've only been open for going on two years and the owners hold day jobs and do this as a labor of love for now.

Talking about the process of actually making the product

IMAG1273_zps786bd886.jpg

IMAG1274_zps4484e82b.jpg

They won a bronze medal in the very first competition they entered their bourbon into

IMAG1275_zps52956d8b.jpg

Something that stuck out to me while I was there

IMAG1277_zpsef146f7b.jpg

Their bourbon is named Ranger Creek .36 after the .36 revolver carried by the Texas Rangers

IMAG1278_zpsfdd57f3f.jpg

IMAG1276_zpse8262479.jpg

I didn't get any pictures of the actual brewery part itself because I was way to into what the host was saying but if you're local or find yourself in the area I definitely recommend checking them out.
    Texas SOT

Top Bottom