• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Some places have rules about NFA items. Bayou Rifles, for example, is clear that you must show paperwork when asked. Failure to comply will be punished by revoking your membership.
    That's alright. Failure to avoid asking me will be punished by me revoking my status as customer.

My paperwork is between me and the ATF. Not anyone else. Especially not some range officer who wants to pretend they're a fed.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When I lived in Houston I was a member at Greenwood Gun Club. I show up one day & see the pistol range was been takeover by the Coast Guard Reserves. Supposedly their range was destroyed by a hurricane & Greenwood offered up the club for free.

I happened to be shooting my .300 Whisper that day. As I was enjoying myself shooting I noticed one of the coast guard reservist eye pouching me. as he walked past me. There were a couple of guts down on the far end of the 300 yard range putting steel roofing on the new framework. Cocksucker in the reserves told these to that I had an illegal weapon so they mossy on down to talk to me. These guy were decent enough but never said who they were if contractors or members, tell me the snitch MOFO reported that I had an illegal weapon. They were who explained the whole Coast Guard Reserve thing to me. I told the two guys that I was not some stupid phuc who would be out at a range with Illegal crap simply because you never know who might be here. I pointed out a copy of my tax stamp was wrapped around the barrel making everything legal. I also said that my tax stamp is indeed personal tax information that I was not really having to prove to others who were not BATFE IRS or LEO's. They smiled thanked me & went to report back to the usurping cunts in uniform.

I originally joined Greenwood to shoot my .50 BMG and they banned it shortly afterwards. Then this crap with guest in the form of the Coast Guard Reserves questions a long time member never really sat well with me. Plus the fact that I couldn't shoot my machine guns really told me of the grand Fuddism of Greenwood Gun Club.

Sometimes it not what you ask it how you ask it!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Plus the fact that I couldn't shoot my machine guns really told me of the grand Fuddism of Greenwood Gun Club.
    No range is more Fudd than Bayou Rifles. :)

That said, I can't imagine letting an incident like this pass. There had to be a Coast Guard liaison to Greenwood. That person needed an earful from you or from Greenwood officials. As nice as it is for a private club to support the armed forces, it's more important that they stand up for their members. If the Coast Guard is going to play gun cop when they use a range, that range needs to let them know to stop or that they are no longer welcome.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    No range is more Fudd than Bayou Rifles. :)

That said, I can't imagine letting an incident like this pass. There had to be a Coast Guard liaison to Greenwood. That person needed an earful from you or from Greenwood officials. As nice as it is for a private club to support the armed forces, it's more important that they stand up for their members. If the Coast Guard is going to play gun cop when they use a range, that range needs to let them know to stop or that they are no longer welcome.
    I'm sure someone at Greenwood was tied into the coast guard reserve. Like anything Greenwood had it's darling & its detractors. Not being an employee of Dow & from Houston made me an outsider for sure. That was proven to me on multiple occasions. Hell once I brought a boss of mine who is a Mexican. Some pole smoking faggot made the comment that Mexicans were not allowed. We looked at each other and said thats a mighty stupid thing to say to two guys more heavily armed then yourself. On another occasion I brought a black guy I worked with. Eric played for Dallas cowboys and was a huge Mofo. People watched their mouths that day, but you could see they were pissed. I cannot say I ever seen a single minority member in the 15 years I was a member.

The Coast Guard Reserves were shooting some very short barreled rifles. Not sure if they were select fire or not, as they were not shooting burst while I was there. They also were shooting Beretta 93 looking pistols. They did have an over abundance of cases of ammo with them. I'd bet good money someone took some home with them.

If anything it proved what I long figured, there are plenty of people who will be willing to cancel you rights. We hear all the time how this agency would never come for your guns. I call bullshit simple because of individuals.

Don't get me wrong Greenwood was a much nicer place to shoot then any public range. Often I went early & had the place to myself. On a few occasions there were self appointed range nazis goose stepping about.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    Do standard normy range officers (for example Range USA) give a sh*t about AR barrel length? ie are they likely to call the cops on you / throw you out if you show up with a short barrel rifle?
    1693683787418.png

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Do standard normy range officers (for example Range USA) give a sh*t about AR barrel length? ie are they likely to call the cops on you / throw you out if you show up with a short barrel rifle?
    I have been a member of Range USA since they opened and they don't pay attention to what you shoot as long as it complies to their caliber rules. ie shotgun use slugs only, no 50 cal etc.

Slammer13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2023
    Round Rock
    I have been a member of Range USA since they opened and they don't pay attention to what you shoot as long as it complies to their caliber rules. ie shotgun use slugs only, no 50 cal etc.
    Yep, took my 10.5" PSA .556 to RUSA last week sans stock. Still had "fluted" buffer tube of course. RSO's only comment on seeing me unpack it was "oh thats a shorty boy, gonna be loud. :-)". Was chatting to him later, said he was former "Law Enforcement". Nice guy.

Top Bottom