• ...and so much more!
  • Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    So you might exchange your 3 year old tank for a 10 year old one. Or one that has been supposedly recertified. Also many folk take the expired tank and trade it in at these exchange places, eay way to dispose of one
    Works both ways....I've turned in some old-valve tanks for the new 80% fill ones.

100.png
    Guns International

Gulfport Joe

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 17, 2021
    NAS Pensacola
    @skfullgun here is a pro tip for you.
    this is what I do and I now have about 30 of the 20lb tanks, about 6 of the larger rv size and 2 100lb tanks.
    check on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace for used tanks. I buy them as cheap as $5 each. Then take that used $5 tank to a retailer that does the exchange. This way you get a newer bottle that is certified and has been inspected, then you just keep that bottle and refill it over and over until it gets rusty or old and then you “exchange it again”
    I have a multi fuel generator for my hunting cabin that has no power otherwise so I tend to stock up on bottles when I can.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Definitely have the tanks filled versus just swapping when possible. I used to just swap them out until my local hardware store started filling them and only charging for the volume that was put in to fill it up. Even when they get low to the point where they're not effective in my outdoor heater, there's still some amount left. It usually runs me $12-15 to refill versus like $25 for a swap and walk away with the same or similar amount of propane.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Definitely have the tanks filled versus just swapping when possible. I used to just swap them out until my local hardware store started filling them and only charging for the volume that was put in to fill it up. Even when they get low to the point where they're not effective in my outdoor heater, there's still some amount left. It usually runs me $12-15 to refill versus like $25 for a swap and walk away with the same or similar amount of propane.

You're generally going to walk away with more propane. When I started taking mine to Tractor Supply that's the first thing I noticed - the tank was heavier when I put it in the car and lasted longer running the forge. They fill them up to capacity.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    You're generally going to walk away with more propane. When I started taking mine to Tractor Supply that's the first thing I noticed - the tank was heavier when I put it in the car and lasted longer running the forge. They fill them up to capacity.
    Exactly.....and you're right, they do fill it up. But my point was more that there's always some volume left in my bottle. It could be 10-20% or somewhere in that area where the output isn't enough to put my heater up to full bore and when I turn it up to high, it's on a constant low. But instead of giving it up, I just add on with the fill versus the replace and just pay for what's put in.

Took me a while to figured out replace was for suckers!!

Top Bottom